Today’s Meet and Make designer is Wanda Epps!
With a love of crafting that shows no signs of stopping, Wanda Epps is the publisher of Making Beaded Jewelry.com, a website dedicated to showing others how to make jewelry the easy way.
Her love of crafts can be traced backed to childhood when she used to embroider a favorite jean jacket until it fell apart.
Let’s meet Wanda!
10 Fun Facts About Wanda Epps:
- I grew up in a great small town called Louisa, VA where not much newsworthy happens but it was recently the epicenter of a 5.8 earthquake.
- My favorite decade is the 70’s, so I loved watching That 70’s Show. I also love the biggest seventies disco group The Bee Gees. I loved them in the eighties too even though some thought they were no longer cool.
- Besides jewelry making, I’ve had a few other hobbies – flower arranging, painting floor cloths and crocheting. My next crafting adventure will be quilting.
- My favorite color is red and when I make jewelry for myself I try to incorporate red beads.
- Robert De Niro is my all time favorite actor.
- I have a ton of craft books and beads…You could say that I’m addicted. Okay, I admit it, I am!
- In high school I was student council president and a member of the Honor Society.
- My favorite classes in junior high and high school were art class and home economics – loved those macrame plant hangers.
- I do not have a nick name and cannot swim.
- I have lived in three different states – Virginia, South Carolina and California.
Wanda’s Project: Simple Bead Earrings
Have fun with this quick and easy beading project. Make these simple bead earrings in less than ten minutes!
Jewelry Making Supplies
- two 8mm round beads in your favorite color (I used dyed red bamboo coral)
- two 1 1/4 inch (3.2 cm) lengths of small link chain
- two 1 1/2 inch (3.8 cm) head pins
- two earwire jewelry findings (I used two Sheppard’s hook earwires)
Jewelry Making Tools
- wire cutters
- round nose pliers
- chain nose pliers
Simple Bead Earrings Jewelry Making Instructions
1. Using wire cutters, cut two 1 1/4 inch (3.2 cm) lengths of small link chain. Set aside for use in Step 3.
2. Sting one 8mm bead onto a head pin. Using the chain nose and round nose pliers, make the first half of a wrapped wire loop.
3. Slide the first link of one of the lengths of chain into the half wrapped wire loop.
4. Using the chain nose and round nose pliers, complete the wrapped wire loop.
5. Using the chain nose pliers, open the loop on of one earwire. Slide the last link of chain onto the loop.
6. Using the chain nose pliers, close the loop.
7. Repeat Steps 2 through 6 to make a second earring.
Enjoy wearing your new quick and simple bead earrings!