Today’s Meet and Make designer is Pat Sloan. Pat is a talented sewer and quilter who blogs about quilting and other crafty things at her personal blog. You may know Pat as the host of FaveCrafts Radio, which you can listen to On Demand!
Ready to meet Pat?
10 Fun Facts About Pat Sloan:
- I don’t think I cut my hair for about 4 years while in High School… luckily hippy stuff was in fashion.
- I made honor roll often in High School, am part of the National Honor Society, and even in college made deans list for a spring session (which they told me was very difficult to do)…I am a bit of a smartie pants…I even could do math then. I’ve since given up the math part.
- My favorite childhood pet was Janice the Hamster. My 6th grade teacher had to write a note to my parents to ask them if I could take her home for the summer (which really meant forever).
- I used my first computer in 1975. It took up the entire back of our math room. I was the only girl who was interested in it…can we say geek?
- When in high school I loved to type…I really, really loved to type. I took shorthand and even a self study unit on the shorthand machine. I suck at shorthand…could never read it back
- I love coffee. (Oh wait…you KNOW that one right?)
- For a long time I wanted a little herb garden with a white picket fence, all lovely with a little path through it. I’ve come to my senses and order food that is nicely seasoned and look at pretty gardens on the internet.
- I adore dogs…they are people. You agree, don’t you? Unless you happen to be a cat person, then I believe you think I’m insane.
- At some point I owned a red camaro. My mother-in-law offered to teach me how to drive fast, really fast, around the curves…is your MIL like that too? (I should have been clued in when I found out she only drove stick and had an MG for awhile.)
- I have a thing for nail polish…it verges on…well…let’s not go there.
Here’s Pat’s Project:
- Main floral-navy 3/8 yd (TRIB 670 B)
- Main floral-cream 1/8 yd (TRIB 670 E)
- Main floral-lt. blue 3/8 yd (TRIB 670 LB)
- Paisley-navy 1/4 yd (TRIB 672 N)
- Paisley-red 5/8 yd (TRIB 672 R)
- Dots-cream 1/8 yd (TRIB 673 E)
- Dots-blue 1/8 yd (TRIB 673 LB)
- Stripe-cream 1/4 yd (TRIB 674 E)
- Stripe-navy 1/2 yd (TRIB 674 N)
- Shooting stars-cream 5/8 yd (TRIB 675 E)
- Shooting stars-navy 2 yds (TRIB 675 N)
- Plaid 1/3 yd (TRIB 676 E)
- Small stars-cream 3/4 yd (TRIB 677 E)
- Small stars-red 15/8 yd (TRIB 677 R)
- BACKING (any Tribute fabric) 4 yds
- FUSIBLE WEB 1 3/4 yds
- Basic sewing and quilting supplies