Today’s Meet and Make designer is Latrice Murphy. Latrice is a busy crafter who loves to use bright colors and anything that’s unexpected! On her blog, Any Occasion, you will find a mix of photography, scrapbooking, card making, and cooking.
Ready to meet Latrice?
10 Fun Facts About Latrice Murphy
- I trained for the 2004 Olympics, but school took priority and so I made the VERY hard decision to give up that dream. I hope to get back into training shape one day.
- I have three tattoos, all of dragons. One resembles puff the magic dragon a little.
- I eat almost no vegetables. This makes it hard to get my kids to eat them too!
- I secretly love being a stay at home mom, but it’s seriously stressful at times.
- My dream job is to work in the scrapbooking industry creating yummy goodness for all to see.
- My family nickname is Tricie. Pronounced Tree-see (short for Latrice) and the “U” in my middle name stands for Unique. Seriously it does.
- I have three fabulous kiddos and plan to have one more. (Don’t tell my husband)
- I’m a baker extraordinaire and hope to have a bakery/craft store one day of my own.
- I’m an Architect and elementary school teacher. Weird I know. I love both fields so much.
- I’m a sports crazy wife who thinks her husband is so lucky because I could watch Sports Center 5 times in a row and not get tired of it.
Here’s Latrice’s Project:
Whimsical Tissue Poms
- Pipe cleaners
- Tissue Paper (sheets for gift wrap)
- Accordion style fold the paper. Crease with each fold. Use about a 14″ piece of tissue paper and about 5 sheets stacked.
- Gather the folded tissue paper and bend in center.
- Fold a pipe cleaner in half, and slip wire over center of folded tissue; twist tightly. Tie ribbon or wire for hanging, if desired.
- If you want you pom pom to have the rounded edges like above trim the ends so the they are round before moving on to the next step.
- Separate each layer, pulling away from the center.
- For best results, pull away layers from the top and bottom of one side before moving on to the next side.
- The end result is a fluffy Tissue Paper Pom Pom Ball!