Today’s Meet and Make designer is Heather Valentine. Heather’s mission is to inspire others to think outside of the box with projects that keep the 3 R’s in mind: Reduce, Reclaim, And Recraft. That’s one motto I can stand behind! On Heather’s blog, The Sewing Loft, you’ll find eco felt, upcycled, and repurposed fabric crafts that are easy to do and earth-friendly!
Ready to meet Heather?
10 Fun Facts About Heather Valentine
- I always wear crazy colored or patterned socks.
- My favorite color is blue.
- Vintage finds are my downfall. I have too many to count!
- I was born with 4 skewed freckles on my nose.
- My 1st industry job was mixing gouache paints and matching colors for leather handbags.
- I am a jeans and Tee shirt kinda gal.
- An art teacher once told me I would never make it as an artist.
- I styled makeovers for the Ricki Lake Show.
- I have seen the Rocky Horror Picture Show too many times to count.
- I love to build sand castles.
Here’s Heather’s Project:
No More Wire Hangers
- Old wire hangers
- Felt or polar fleece
- Needle & thread
- Starting with two wire hangers, tape them together in a couple of places. This is just to keep them stable while you are covering them later.
- Then cut a strip of felt 1″ wide by the length of your hanger. *Be sure to measure all along the outside of your hanger and around the curve. Mine measured 42″ but yours might be different.
- Starting at the inside edge, wrap the felt around and blanket stitch in place. Continue to pinch and stitch all the way around. Clip end into a point, fold back and stitch the end in place. Bury your knot.
- To create flowers, I cut circles from the felt. Then, I cute in a spiral pattern; leaving a round circle as the base.
- Starting at the long end of spiral, wrap the strip around a pencil and hot glued in place.
- Attach flower to hanger. You can attach with needle and thread or glue gun. Your choice.
Latest posts by FaveCrafts (see all)
- How FaveCrafts Celebrated Our 10 Year Anniversary - July 15, 2019
- Best Blogger Contest 2019 Winners! - April 25, 2019
- Adorable Granny Square Scarf + 10 More Uses for Granny Squares - April 18, 2019