Today’s Meet and Make designer is Ann Butler!
Ann is a Mixed Media Artist, Designer and Instructor for Manufacturers and the Creative Industries. Her work has appeared in numerous magazines, books, manufacturer trade show booths, on-line and web TV. She has taught classes of every kind for the past 20 years at trade shows, stores, private parties and on-line. Her blog is www.creativitystirsthesoul.com.
Let’s meet Ann!
10 Fun Facts About Ann Butler:
- I am a mother to 5 grown children and have 4 precious grandbabies.
- I am most creative at about 2am so it is a good thing I need very little sleep, I am usually good with 3 – 5 hours.
- I went to school for Fashion Design and have created everything from wedding dresses to home décor.
- I love teaching workshops; it is so much fun sharing new ideas and creativity with others.
- I love old movies from the 30’s, 40’s and 50’s; I especially love the clothing from those days.
- My husband often cooks dinner and does the dishes, yup he’s a keeper!
- I designed and sewed my first pair of pj’s at the age of 8 without a pattern.
- I am left handed but use a scissors, play tennis and bowl with my right hand.
- I love going to auctions and bargain shopping.
- I have always loved Game Night with the kids, even now that they are grown up we still play board games when we get together.
Make one of Ann’s Projects: Glitter Up Those Pumpkins!
Make some fun and easy Glitter Pumpkins that will look great for Halloween!
The supplies you will need are:
- Glitter in colors of choice
- Tacky Glue
- Popsicle Stick or Toothpick
Spread the glue on one section, sprinkle glitter on top of glue. Work over a sheet of paper to tap off excess glitter…
This is what the first section will look like:
Continue adding glitter around pumpkin alternating color as desired.
Add glitter until completely covered.
Don’t forget to add glitter to the bottom.
I chose to use orange for the bottom.
That’s it – oh so easy. Make one or make a bunch!
Place these little guys all over the house for added Halloween decoration!