This week’s Meet and Make designer is Allison Harris. Allison is a quilt designer who blogs at Cluck, Cluck, Sew. She likes designing quilts with influences from both modern and traditional quilting, as long as they are simple and easy enough for beginners to make! Allison is also a dental hygienist and the mother of two boys.
Let’s meet Allison!
10 fun facts about Allison
Here’s Allison’s project!
Quilted Camera Strap Cover
Finished Size: to fit any DSLR camera strap
- Leftover fabric, at least 27″ long on one side
- Pellon fusible light fleece interfacing, at least 5.5″ x 27″ (optional)
- Sewing supplies
1. Cut two strips 2.75″ by 27″ long.
2. Sew the strips right sides together, then press seam open.
3. I made mine padded with Pellon fusible light fleece interfacing. This is optional of course, I like the feel of the padding, but you can skip this step if you don’t mind the hard strap. Iron on the fusible interfacing according to directions, and trim excess.
4. Fold one end in about one inch, and then again over one inch to hide the seam and make a clean finish.
5. Sew edge down for a clean finish. I sewed three lines, 1/4″ apart so the ends will be more sturdy and it looks more polished.
6. Do the same thing on the other end. The finished strap after the ends are finished will be about 23″ long.
7. Sew right sides together with a 1/4″ seam allowance. If you think the finished cover will be too big for your strap, you can make a wider seam allowance to make the cover thinner. Keep in mind you want the cover about half an inch or so bigger than the strap, so it’s easy to slide on and off.
8. Trim the inside edge seam allowance; it makes more room to slide the strap in and out.
9. Turn inside out (the hardest part), iron, and you’re done! Slide in your camera strap and voila!
We are giving away a prize a day every day here on our FaveCrafts blog for National Craft Month. It is so easy to enter. Just go to our Project of the Day post and comment to enter! You have 31 chances to win and a new special prize each day. Tune in every day to see if you are the winner!