When I was little my mother would put my initials in just about everything. This prevented the inevitable “Is this mine?” confusion that happens when every kid has the same lunch box, jacket, mittens, etc. While monogramming has been around forever, I’ve noticed in the past few weeks that it’s truly been trending.
Everywhere I turn there seems to be another tutorial on how to proudly display your initials, with everything from monogrammed jewelry (something that seems to be particularly popular at the moment), to mugs and homemade Christmas ornaments. My Pinterest has been flooded with monogrammed coasters, pillows, bags, and necklaces. Even my Etsy newsletters have been filled with monogrammed home decor and jewelry.
With school graduations coming up, and wedding and baby shower season kicking into high gear (I like to call this time of year “Milestone Season”), I thought it might be fun to share some fun ways to make something personal for the special people in your life. In my opinion there’s truly nothing better than receiving a homemade gift. Even if it’s not perfectly crafted, it holds so much more meaning knowing that the person spent time creating something so thoughtful. After all, it’s the thought that counts!
Monogramming goes even one step farther, making it personal for them as well! Just think how perfect a monogrammed pillow or wall decoration would be for your graduate, or some monogrammed glasses or coasters would be for a pair of newlyweds. Let’s go mad for monograms with the help of these wonderful tutorials!
DIY Home Decor:
- Monogrammed Coasters
- Put a Name On It Wreath
- Oversized Mod Podge Monogram Letters
- Framed Monogram
- Upscale Wall Initial
- Monogrammed Newlywed Plaque
- Felt Monogrammed Pillow
- Vintage Monogrammed Pendant
- Wire Word Rings
- Chalkboard Pendant
- Metal Stamped Vintage Key Jewelry
- Alphabet Pasta Bracelet
- Gorgeous Upcycled Monogrammed Pendant
- Stamped Metal Monogrammed Pendant
More monogrammed crafts!
- Metallic Monogram Ornament
- Personalized Mugs and Dishes
- Sparkling Monogram Ornament
- Monogrammed Canned Cozy
- Felt Monogrammed Glasses Case
- Monogrammed Passport Cover
- Monogrammed Summer Bag
- Totally Personalized Monogrammed Stationary
- Customizable Monogrammed Wedding Gift
Looking for more homemade gifts?
Check out the book Simple Gifts: 50 Little Luxuries to Craft, Sew, Cook and Knit and win a copy from AllFreeChristmasCrafts! The contest runs until March 25, 2014, don’t miss out on your chance to win!
Latest posts by AllFreeChristmasCrafts (see all)
- Snow Need to Flake Out – 14 Snowflake Crafts & Giveaway - July 2, 2014
- Beachside Buddies: Summer Crafts for Kids - June 15, 2014
- More Tees, Pretty Please! DIY T Shirts for the Family - June 9, 2014