Happy birthday, Leos! If you are familiar with horoscopes, you know that we are currently right in the middle of the month of the lion. Leos are known for their strong-willed nature and ambition. Some famous Leos include Madonna, Sandra Bullock and even President Barack Obama. Not bad company!
You don’t have to have a birthday this month to celebrate this star sign. In fact, there are a ton of great DIY ideas that you can make all year round – from New Year’s Day to Christmas. Kids can make simple lion crafts using paper plates and paint, while adults can grab their crochet hooks or have a seat at their sewing machines and make something more complicated. You can even create Halloween costumes and birthday cards using lions as your inspiration. A Leonara the Lion Ornament would look great on a Christmas tree. In fact, you might want to hang it on a doorknob all year long – it’s just that cute. The fuzzy mane and adorable little body make this knitting pattern a true standout. Kids can also join in on the holiday fun by creating their own Silver Streak Lion Ornament. Best of all, this project doesn’t require expensive materials or supplies – simply gather up cupcake liners and used thread spools and let the little ones get creative.
Leos are fierce, confident and loyal – traits we should all try to adopt in our day-to-day lives. Celebrate all the amazing aspects of this star sign and create a few lion crafts. Don’t be afraid to try something new and think outside the box … it’s what a Leo would do!
- Miniature Lion Taxidermy from My Backyard Monsters
- Footprint Lion from Fun Handprint Art
- Lion Hooded Towel from Crazy Little Project
- Crocheted Leroy The Lion Pin from Lucy Ravenscar
- Paper Plate Lions from the Seasoned Mom
- Lion Hoodie from A Beautiful Mess
- Little Lion Soft Rattle from Things for Boys
- Toddler Lion Costume from Imprintalish
- Friendly Mr. Lion Card from Taking Time to Create
Latest posts by FaveCrafts (see all)
- 15 Perfect Spring Felt Projects You’ll Want To Make - April 10, 2017
- April is Stress Awareness Month! Unwind with Knitting and Crochet - April 3, 2017
- Best Yarn for Baby Patterns: 3 Tips for Your Next Project - March 28, 2017