Today I set out on a mission to find woodland crafts that were not just for Christmas. I realized that I , and many of you, love the rustic and woodland look and I hate to limit these crafts to just winter (or even fall with Thanksgiving table decor).
So, I found these nine craft projects that fit the bill. These cute craft ideas are great for kids and adults depending on level of expertise. I first started searching for just animals, but I discovered that toadstools are now one of my favorite things. Plus, it gives some of these craft projects that warm “spring” feeling to them. Either way, all of these crafts are whimsical and woodland themed.
Some of these crafts can be considered nature crafts and use dried moss to give the final piece a truly woodland feel. I liked that many of these woodland craft projects were practical and not just for decoration. Practical crafts help justify the time spent on them, in many ways. It’s not always the case, but I tend to feel more accomplished when I create something that I will use all of the time while still being crafty.
I have a cottage up in the woods in Michigan and there’s something magical about just being in the woods. I’ve seen deer darting quietly in the trees. I’ve had birds wake me up in the morning. I’ve also had acorns roll down the roof followed by the pitter patter of chipmunk feet. And I’ve seen little toadstools pop up after a rainstorm. These crafts take me to my cottage in the woods and I sincerely hope they transport you to a woodland escape too!
- DIY Woodland Terrariums from Ruffled
- Felt Squirrel Tutorial from You Go Girl!
- Fox Pallet Art from Lolly Jane
- Woodland Creature Canning Jars from Valley & Co.
- PAINTED DRAWER PULL TOADSTOOL TUTORIAL from Beneath The Rowan Tree
- DIY: Animal Jewelry Holder and Dish from The Yellow Postcard
- Toddler Sized Animal Stools: A How-To from Killer B. Design
- Foxy Wooden Cross Stitch from Lucykate Crafts
- Teeny Weeny Mushrooms from Pixie Hill