The quintessential holiday craft project is the ever popular Christmas ornament. These little baubles are in high demand because nearly everyone trims a tree nowadays, and every tree needs dozens of ornaments before it can call itself trimmed. Ornaments make easy stocking stuffers, gift toppers, and hostess gifts, and they’re usually quick, mini-projects to do in an evening. Here’s a crafty round-up of the best homemade ornaments from around the web. And don’t miss our 6 Sew Easy to Make Christmas Ornaments eBook!
- You won’t believe how simple this adorable Mini Mouse ornament was to make! Check out the tutorial on Honeyscrap.
- Craft Passion featured a mini crochet Christmas tree ornament complete with snow garland and beads.
- Learn how to turn your child’s art into keepsakes with Obsessive Crafting Disorder’s Mini Monet ornaments tutorial.
- Check out these old-timey silhouette ornaments from The Magic Bean, and put your own spin on them.
- This crochet ornament from Meet Me at Mike’s is quick and classy. You can even make a whole tree full!
- Here’s a fun ornament for the kids to make: The Kids Birthday Fun Review shows you how to turn pine cones and pipe cleaners into peacocks.
- Live long and prosper (and trek the halls) with Star Trek ornaments from Punk Projects.
- This pom pom wreath ornament combines three of my favorite things: miniatures, using up scraps, and Christmas. Kojo Designs has a tutorial!
- I love the look of this ornament from Everyday Chaos. Bonus–it’s made from recycled book pages.