Mason jar crafts seem to be everywhere lately, and it’s easy to see why! People are looking for ways to reduce, reuse and recycle items in order to save money and add personal touches to their space. Mason jars are easy to clean, provide ample storage space and don’t go out of style! Next time you head toward your recycle bin with an empty glass jar, stop yourself and set it aside for your next craft project.
If you’re looking for a down home, country feel, mason jars are the perfect craft materials. Use them to hold candles on your table or hang some from your porch. You can even place flowers inside a mason jar and display them on a special occasion! Mason jars aren’t just for country folk, though. You can cover them in decorative paper or fabric to create a modern look or fill them with liquid for an out-of-the-box snow globe. Who knew a glass jar could be so practical?
You can also use mason jars for more complicated projects. Autumn is coming up, which means one thing… it’s candy corn season! Fill a upcycled mason jar with candy corn and create your own Candy Corn Jar Lamp. This project is perfect for autumn and can be displayed on Halloween, too! You can even decorate the lampshade to make the project one-of-a-kind.
Mason jars can also help you save money when it comes time to throw a party. For your next baby shower or birthday party, make Pretty Pink Mason Jar Cups for your guests to enjoy. Fill the cups with a sweet drink and hand them out at the end of the night. You can let people take home your creation as a party favor.
If you’re looking for an inexpensive and versatile craft supply, you can’t go wrong with mason jars. Keep a stash handy in case inspiration strikes – you never know what you might come up with!
- Mason Jar Vases from Please Note
- Pastel Glass Jars from Kootut Murut
- Wedding Mason Jar Lanterns from Make It Do
- Mason Jar Monogram Light from Oleander and Palm
- Bouquets in Hanging Mason Jar from Intimate Weddings
- Mason Jar Snow Globe from Julie Ann Art
- Mason Jar Sewing Kit from Momtastic
- Mason Jar Herb Garden from Camille Styles
- DIY Painted Mason Jars from Stitch Me Softly
Latest posts by FaveCrafts (see all)
- Best Blogger Contest 2019 Winners! - April 25, 2019
- Adorable Granny Square Scarf + 10 More Uses for Granny Squares - April 18, 2019
- 8 Craft Trends for 2019 - January 24, 2019