It’s mid-September and all signs are pointing to fall. I have mixed feelings about this seasonal change, mostly because I cherish those long, lazy summer evenings. It’s okay though, because I can now look forward to all of the pretty colors in nature. During the summer, the trees are a bright green but come autumn, the leaves begin to fall and the ground is blanketed with beautiful, colorful leaves that crunch under your feet. It’s time to embrace this new season and make crafts that emphasize the beauty of autumn. This fall, wear leaves on your clothes, hang them in your home or incorporate them in your gifts.
You can gather leaves for a variety of projects or simply use materials such as felt, paper or leather to create your own. Be sure to include muted red, burnt oranges and soft yellows in your projects!
What’s great about fall crafts that incorporate leaves is that they can be tailored to fit all skill levels. If you have kids, use fun products like shaving cream to make your own leaves. Better yet, add some sparkle to your space with some Prized Pumpkins. This is a great opportunity to bond as a family and teach them about the changing seasons. Plus, you can display the finished project all season long.
If you need a little time to yourself, make a more complicated project such as the Apple and Pineapple Wreath. This elegant and simple home decor craft looks great on your door or hung over your mantel. Because this project utilizes spray paint and pins, it’s better if older crafters give it a whirl. If you love to hang wreath in the fall, consider any of these 19 Decorative Front Door Wreaths – it’s a great way to greet guests.
Sure, it’s sad that summer is over. The upside is that you can now change the way you look at crafts and celebrate all the great aspects of fall. Embrace the wonderful aspects of the season and add a few leaves to your next craft project.
- Maple Leaf Brooch from TonyaUtkina
- Wax Paper and Crayon Fall Leaves from V and Co.
- Leafy Zipper Pull from Eleen
- Paper Leaf Garlands from On My Honor…
- Fall Leaf Candle from Gingerbread Snowflakes
- DIY Leather Leaf Hair Pin from Homemade Heart Craft
- Salt Dough Leaf Prints from That Artist Woman
- Shaving Cream Painted Fall Leaves from Little Wonders Days
- DIY Leaf Wreath from Twig & Thistle
What do you love about fall?
Latest posts by FaveCrafts (see all)
- Craft Tutorials and How Tos You Might Have Missed: Part 2 - July 10, 2017
- In Case You Missed It: Top 20 Crafts from Creativation 2017 - May 30, 2017
- 15 Perfect Spring Felt Projects You’ll Want To Make - April 10, 2017