Channel your inner bohemian because dreamcatchers are back. Or they never left. Either way, these whimsical and lovely pieces have taken the spotlight in home decor and now you can learn to make your own.
“What are dream catchers?” you ask? Well, according to Google, the dreamcatcher meaning is:
“a small hoop containing a horsehair mesh, or a similar construction of string or yarn, decorated with feathers and beads, believed to give its owner good dreams. Dreamcatchers were originally made by American Indians.”
When I was a kid, I always thought of dreamcatchers as catching the bad dreams. I suppose the would then be called “nightmare catchers” which doesn’t sound quite as happy. Oh well. Today we’ve rounded up our fave diy dreamcatchers for your enjoyment. If you’ve ever wondered “How do you make a dreamcatcher?” and wanted to transform your room into a magical and dreamy land, these pictures of dream catchers will inspire you. Making a diy dream catcher doesn’t have to be difficult or time consuming. We found a variety of traditional and more modern dreamcatchers for you to try. Use yarn, twine, vintage doilies, thread, or anything you see fit to create the dreamcatcher of your dreams. I think I have some vintage doilies lying around that I think could use a new prupose in life. Plus, vintage doilies are always in antique shops just waiting for a new home. I know what I’m doing this summer in Michigan!
Part of what makes each dreamcatcher unique is the different feathers and beads you can use to complete the design. Learn how to make a simple dreamcatcher and keep dreaming my friends!
- DIY Peacock Dreamcatcher from Saving More Than Me
- DIY Dreamcatcher: Urban Outfitters Knock Off from Child at Heart
- DIY DREAM CATCHER from A Little Birdy
- DIY: Doily Dream Catcher from Fawn Over Baby
- DIY Mint Dream Catcher from Stardustsoul
- HEART OF HOPE DREAMCATCHER from mollymoo
- DIY DREAMCATCHER from This Fashion is Mine
- DIY Doily Dreamcatcher from Calico Skies
- DIY HULA HOOP DREAM CATCHER from Primitive and Proper
Have you ever made a dreamcatcher?
Latest posts by FaveCrafts (see all)
- 6 Ways to Donate Your Handcrafts to Kids in Need Around the World through OCC - October 18, 2017
- New Ways to Share and Save on Prime Publishing LLC Sites - October 12, 2017
- 7 Absurdly Easy Afghans for Beginners - October 9, 2017