Rustic, country-themed crafts are having a major moment right now. Many of these projects incorporate wood in some way and require materials such as twine and thread. What’s nice about rustic crafts is that you don’t have to live on a farm or even in the suburbs to create these projects. Even the most urban city slicker can find the supplies needed to create these down-home projects.
There are so many ways to incorporate touches of the country into your own home decor. Now is the perfect time to capture the season and create your own Rustic Fall Vases. You can upcycle empty jars for this project and fill them with season flowers.
Don’t forget to add a few decorative pieces to your wall as well. A cool gift for a down-home grandpa is the Rustic Cabin Plaque. Transfer a meaningful image onto a piece of wood – it’s a great alternative to giving a simple picture frame and it can be hung on a wall! Even the most urban space can be turned into a country escape with a Carved Wood Frame Plaque. Again, wood plays a huge roll in country crafts, and this project really captures that country feel.
There’s something so refreshing about the simplicity of the lines and shapes of these decorative pieces. People travel to the country to get back to nature and clear their head, and each of these projects really captures that sense of calm. There’s nothing fancy or over the top about a wood box or a frame made from twigs and interestingly, that’s what makes them stand out. Rustic crafts also harken back to a simple time. These are the kinds of pieces you would have found in your grandparent’s country cabin, not in some modern home from 2012.
- Rustic Twig Frame from Homework
- Rustic North Woods Log Ornaments from Crafts by Amanda
- Rustic Votives from Bayside Bride
- Rustic Snowflakes from Little Things Bring Smiles
- Rustic Pallet Wood Boxes from My So-Called Crafty Life
- Christmas Berry Wreath from Blosson for Florence Finds
- Rustic Pallet Coffee Table from WonderForest
- Fall Rustic Banner from Another Bright Idea
- Colorful Advent Calendar from Moxie Pear Blog
Do you like the rustic craft trend? Why or why not?
Latest posts by FaveCrafts (see all)
- 6 Ways to Donate Your Handcrafts to Kids in Need Around the World through OCC - October 18, 2017
- New Ways to Share and Save on Prime Publishing LLC Sites - October 12, 2017
- 7 Absurdly Easy Afghans for Beginners - October 9, 2017