I can’t live without my morning cup of coffee. The second I wake up, I immediately head to my kitchen so I can start brewing a fresh cup. On the weekends, I love sitting down with a cup of coffee and a newspaper – it really is the perfect combination. I drink hot coffee all year long and as I’ve found, when the temperature decrease, it’s hard to keep my hot coffee, well, hot.
Luckily, there are plenty of coffee cup cozies to make for the upcoming winter months. You can crochet them, knit them or even sew them. You can also use upcycled materials for this project, so there’s no need to splurge on fabric. Coffee cup cozies can be understated and simple, like the Cabled Coffee Cozy, or they can feature memorable designs like the Snowman Mug Hug. Coffee cozies also make great gifts, especially during the holiday season. The Manly Coffee Jacket is a great option for that hard-to-buy-for person in your life. Dads, bosses and friends will definitely appreciate this simple cozy, especially because the pattern makes it look like a muddy tire.
You might think it’s a little early for coffee cozies, but fall and winter are just around the corner! Don’t get caught sipping cold java – make one of these cozies and keep it close by just in case. While you’re at it, make a few and give them away as gifts throughout the fall and during the holiday season.
- Greensleeves Coffee Cozy from Cornflower Blue Studio
- “Warm Heart” Coffee Cozy from The Perfect Pear Pair
- Pick a Pocket Cozies from Simply Notable
- Easy Crochet Mug Cozy from Akamatra
- Slate Coffee Sleeve from For the Makers
- Diagonal Knot Mug Cozy from Purl Avenue
- Felted Coffee Cozy from This Heart of Mine
- Mustache Cup Cozy from Luv in the Mommyhood
- Valentine’s Coffee Cozy from Setting for Four