I didn’t know much about the history or significance of chevron until I started noticing all of the exciting chevron crafts and patterns all over Pinterest and the blogosphere. Before that, I sort of figured that Charlie Brown was the first one to rock the zig-zag.
As it turns out, the chevron pattern is an ancient design that appears in early rock carvings and pottery throughout the world. Knights and lords from the Medieval Era decorated their banners and shields with chevron as a symbol of their house and title. Today, chevron appears in art, architecture, flags, and military symbols. The simple aesthetic appeal of the design make chevron a classic variation on simple stripe patterns that catches the eye and creates a bold statement.
Lately, the chevron craft craze has been on fire! From chevron socks to crochet chevron table settings to a Glam Chevron Clock, these crafts just don’t stop. Create these crafts with a tasteful zigzag chevron pattern for a look that is sure to add pizzazz to your wardrobe and home décor. Personally, I like chevron because it adds a new spin on the classic stripes that are usually a staple of my wardrobe. Chevron reminds me of open, airy spaces and warm, beachy places with nice cold mojitos. I can’t wait to rock a pair of Chevron Bobby Pin Earrings to go with my Mini Chevron Pouch while I’m out and about this summer.
Once fall rolls around, I fully intend to make these adorable Chevron Pumpkins! They remind me of a Tim Burton film.
I also have a friend who just had a baby, so I’m planning on commissioning one of my quilter friends to make this precious Chevron Baby Quilt.
If you like chevron too, check out these nine amazing chevron crafts from the latest and greatest crafts designers from across the web!
- Chevron Pattern Fan Blades from Design Sponge
- Chevron Pasta Necklace from Aqui
- DIY Chevron IKEA Rug from IKEA Hackers
- Chevron Patterned Throw Pillows from Dana Made It
- Chevron Patterned Shorts from All the Good Girls Go to Heaven
- Bobby Pin Chevron Earrings from Creme de la Craft
- Chevron Striped Refrigerator from Pocketful of Pretty
- Chevron Pattern Tank from Sewing in No Man’s Land
- Chevron Pattern Planter Box from Zelo Photography Blog
What do you think of chevron? Tell us in the comments below! It reminds me of an optical illusion.
Latest posts by FaveCrafts (see all)
- 15 Perfect Spring Felt Projects You’ll Want To Make - April 10, 2017
- April is Stress Awareness Month! Unwind with Knitting and Crochet - April 3, 2017
- Best Yarn for Baby Patterns: 3 Tips for Your Next Project - March 28, 2017