Although we love winter weather over here at AllFreeChristmasCrafts, after all Christmas does take place in the middle of winter, we’re starting to get a little tired of it. Don’t get me wrong, I love that serene white landscape, but after a few months of the blistering cold, piles upon piles of snow, and limited amounts of day light, I’m ready for some sun and bright colors.
The novelty of a winter wonderland having officially worn off (I like it better in films, like Frozen), I’ve begun dreaming of a vacation. I’m thinking someplace tropical, where the sun is shining, I can make sand sculptures instead of snow sculptures, and enjoy a never ending sight of blue ocean and sky. Since I can’t take an actual vacation (cue the violins) and we can’t rush Mother Nature (we have no way to reach her) I figured the next best thing is a “craft-cation”.
It might still be a blank slate of white outside, but that doesn’t mean we can’t create a little paradise inside! From DIY home decor to homemade ornaments you can hang around the house, these crafts will help you drift far away into a nautically-inspired nirvana. Not to mention it’ll be a nice head start for spring and summer crafts (nautical crafts will be all the rage in the next coming seasons).
So, if you have the winter blues and are looking for a cure, follow these steps:
- Break out your crafting supplies
- Begin thinking that you’re someplace tropical and warm
- Repeat after me: We can make it, we can make it, we can make it.
Make one of these tropically-inspired crafts:
How do you get over the winter blues?
- Snow Need to Flake Out – 14 Snowflake Crafts & Giveaway - July 2, 2014
- Beachside Buddies: Summer Crafts for Kids - June 15, 2014
- More Tees, Pretty Please! DIY T Shirts for the Family - June 9, 2014