We are super excited to announce the first ever AllFreeJewelryMaking Beading Challenge! Make a piece of original jewelry inspired by Picasso’s “Acrobat and Young Harlequin” and be entered to win the Harlequin Earrings kit, featured in the September issue of BeadStyle magazine!
Come one, come all! All month long for the month of August, we welcome our readers, our followers, and all fans of DIY jewelry to join our first ever Beading Challenge! Here at AllFreeJewelryMaking, we love seeing our readers’ jewelry designs and creations, so we thought it would be fun to give you a little challenge to inspire you and put your jewelry making skills to the test.
All you have to do is create your own original jewelry design inspired in some way by the painting above, “Acrobat and Young Harlequin” by a little painter called Picasso (perhaps you’ve heard of him?), upload a photo of your original design to our Beading Challenge Flickr group, and you’re entered for your chance to win the Harlequin Earrings kit (featured in BeadStyle magazine’s September issue and designed by Linda Hartung of Alacarte Clasps and WireLace)! Fun, right?
Your design can be inspired by the color palette of the painting, by the Harlequin theme, by the shapes and designs in the painting—whatever inspires you to create! The point is to think about jewelry making in a new way, to challenge yourself as a jewelry designer, and to interact with your fellow jewelry makers and see what different pieces you create. We can’t wait to see what you come up with!
- One entry allowed per person.
- You must be at least 18 years of age and a resident of the United States or Canada to be eligible to win the prize.
- If you are not a U.S./Canadian citizen or 18+ and still want to submit a design, feel free! However, you will not be eligible to collect the prize.
- The deadline to enter is August 31, 2012, at 11:59:59 p.m. Eastern Time.
Let the Beading Challenge begin!
Where do you usually draw inspiration for your jewelry designs or other crafty creations?
Latest posts by AllFreeJewelryMaking (see all)
- As If! 21 Jewelry Patterns Inspired by the 90s - June 2, 2016
- 28 Jewelry Boxes: How to Make a Jewelry Box - February 1, 2016
- Link Love: Macrame Crafts Are Knot Your Average Home Decor - July 18, 2015