A few days ago, I read an article at Girlawhirl, regarding the new TSA regulations for laptop bags. Since August, you do not have to take your laptop out of the bag as long as the laptop is in a compartment all by itself, without hardware such as zippers or pockets to obstruct the X-ray view. Like everyone, I hate being rushed to whip my laptop out of a bag and clunk it into one of those trays. It looks so cold and vulnerable! When you get through security, you have to stagger somewhere away from the madness juggling shoes, belt, laptop, bag, purse, etc. etc. I might be exaggerating, but really, it’s inconvenient and thus so exciting to hear TSA is willing to compromise.
Crafters can create a great solution for these new regulations and not have to remove their laptops from a nice, padded case. With simple sewing skills, you can breeze right through security.
A simple, padded tote bag should do the trick, and you might even catch a few admiring glimpses of your cute, personalized carrier.
Here’s all that you need:
- Fabric- You can use one or two colors if you like (one for the lining and one for the outside.) Use a more sturdy fabric for the outside of the tote bag.
- Quilt Batting
- Interfacing Materials
- Thread in complimentary color
- Sewing Machine
For the complete, step-by-step instructions for this padded, laptop tote bag, see here. Happy Traveling Everyone!
Latest posts by FaveCrafts (see all)
- Best Blogger Contest 2019 Winners! - April 25, 2019
- Adorable Granny Square Scarf + 10 More Uses for Granny Squares - April 18, 2019
- 8 Craft Trends for 2019 - January 24, 2019