Whether you want to keep flowers from a special occasion or just preserve a bunch from the garden for future crafts, you can use this easy tutorial to keep flowers bright and vivid year round.
You will need:
- Borax (available at hardware stores)
- Silica Gel
- Fresh cut flowers
- Plastic bag or air tight jar
Note: You should always treat flowers right after they have been picked.
- Mix a solution of borax and silica gel, with four parts borax for each of silica gel. Make sure to remove any lumps from the borax. Put a layer of this solution in the bottom of a plastic bag or jar.
- Cut the stems off the flowers. Place one flower face down in the solution and pour some over it to cover. Repeat this procedure with the rest of your flowers.
- Seal the jar or close the bag tightly to prevent air from getting in.
- Put the flowers in a dry place for 4 weeks.
- After a month, remove the flowers from the jar/bag and brush off the powder solution. Now the flowers are good to go for any craft projects or decorating ideas.
Latest posts by FaveCrafts (see all)
- Best Blogger Contest 2019 Winners! - April 25, 2019
- Adorable Granny Square Scarf + 10 More Uses for Granny Squares - April 18, 2019
- 8 Craft Trends for 2019 - January 24, 2019