The holiday of love and romance is quickly approaching. Personally, I view Valentine’s Day as an opportunity to express my affection for my friends and family members through small valentines gifts, in addition to my significant other. This practice has made Valentine’s Day fun when I was single, and created some silly traditions with girlfriends now living far away. Thus, many of my top 10 Valentines gifts are small enough to be popped into the mail. Since I am currently in a relationship and Valentine’s Day happens to fall very close to our anniversary, I’ll be sure to make the valentines gifts for my boyfriend extra special. Here are my favorite craft ideas for the Top 10 Valentines Gifts:
- Lace Valentines– I gather up bits of lace, scrap floral papers and paper doilies to create over-the-top romantic valentines. Sent to friends, these valentines are my favorite of the top 10 valentines gifts. The cheesier the final valentine, the better. The biggest one goes to my boyfriend of course.
- Felt Ornaments– Create heart ornaments with red and pink felt and a heart cookie-cutter or template cut from cardboard. Create two identical hearts for a stuffed heart ornament, filled with polyfill. Use blanket stitch to sew up the sides. You can embellish with embroidery, beads, buttons and applique hearts. Add a pink or red ribbon to hang. These make great party favors for a Valentine bash.
- Felt Conversation Hearts– Turn small felt hearts into conversation hearts with embroidered messages.
- Felt Foot Warmers– Use the same concept as with felt ornaments, but make the hearts a little bigger. Use a sewing machine or hand sewing to create a tight stitch, leaving a small opening at top. Fill loosely with buckwheat or rice. Add a few drops of fragrance oil, such as lavender and hand-stitch closed. Your recipients can place these in the microwave for 1-2 minutes as foot or hand warmers.
- Paper Flowers- Since fresh cut flowers are expensive and carry with them some environmental harm, I love to make and give paper flowers on Valentine’s Day. A red or pink paper flower bouquet is also the best way to decorate for Valentine’s Day.
- Create simple flowers with red, pink and white tissue paper. Cut tissue paper into 2-inch wide strips. Roll strip lightly and pinch at one end. Secure with glue or wire at pinched end.
- Follow these instructions to create a rose bouquet with regular paper.
- Beaded Gifts- Small beaded gifts such as cell phone charms, zipper pulls, bookmarks and key chains make great valentines day gifts. The near infinite array of beads available means that beaded items could take up all spots on this top 10 valentines gifts list. Pair a central heart bead with solid crystal beads for valentines day gifts.
- Candy Bouquets– If you gift recipient has a sweet tooth, a candy bouquet is the perfect choice. Gather assorted candy, wooden skewers, pebbles, a small clay pot, a foam block and tissue paper or tulle. First, decorate your clay pot with acrylic paints. Cut out a heart shape from a clean sponge and use to decorate. Stick candy on skewers and arrange on foam block placed inside clay pot. Fill pot with pebbles or other weights. Arrange tissue paper between candy skewers.
- Crochet and Knit Hearts– Crochet hearts are quick and easy to make in any scrap yarns you have around the house. Last year, I gave my boyfriend a small green crochet heart which he uses as a coaster on his work desk.
- With my knitting needles, I could have made this Heart Tea Rug.
- Chocolate Covered Strawberries- Always melt chocolate slowly over a double-boiler.
- Breakfast in Bed– This is the classic valentine’s day gift. If you have a large heart cookie cutter, use to create heart-shaped pancakes.
Latest posts by FaveCrafts (see all)
- How FaveCrafts Celebrated Our 10 Year Anniversary - July 15, 2019
- Best Blogger Contest 2019 Winners! - April 25, 2019
- Adorable Granny Square Scarf + 10 More Uses for Granny Squares - April 18, 2019