Spring Summer 15 fashion weeks saw models of Valentino, Chloé and Louis Vuitton dressed in elegant and ethereal white lace dresses that delicately revealed bare skin at places creating a romantic wave of desire on the runway and later in various trend reports across the globe. Introduce that trend into your wardrobe in the form of these ethereal yet bohemian Lace earrings, which are perfect for summer.
Lacy Summer Earrings
- Lace 1.5″ wide and 6″ long
- double side transparent tape
- brass wire – 18g
- Acrylic faceted round beads – 2
- Pearl studded barrels – 2
- copper/gold rondrell faceted crystals – 2
- Gold tone headpins – 2
- Gold tone earhooks – 2
- Copper cedarwood beads
- round nose pliers, wire cutters
- Needle and matching Thread
- Cut 2.5″ of 18g wire and make a simple loop at both ends.Repeat for the pair.
- Cut the lace into 2 lengthwise and apply Double sided tape at the back. Peel back the DST and roll the lace around the 18g looped wire, firmly adhering each layer to the previous one as you roll it into a bead. Repeat for the pair
- Add ear hooks to the earrings
- To a headpin, add the round bead, followed by the barrel and the crystal and make a simple loop while attaching it to the lower loop of the lace bead.
- Thread a needle and sew copper cedarwood beads into the center of the lace beads, firmly sewing together lace ends as you go.
# Sew beads randomly on the beads tacking the lace up as you go to get a edgy feel to the piece
#You can also paint to color the earrings as I have done in this metallic Lace necklace
# Add bead caps to the beads to make them more structured
How have you used lace in your jewelry creations?
You may also like…