During the fall months there are so many pinecones just starting to fall of the trees. You rake your yard, you get annoyed with the mess and you just don’t know what to do with them. Now that the holiday season is arriving we have a few ideas on how you can use those pinecones.
When you have your family over this Christmas you want to have your tables neatly decorated and lit up with candles. You can make a candle holder with all the pinecones you collect. You need:
- STYROFOAM Brand Products:
- Wreath, two 10″ x 1″
- Pinecones: 2″ long, approximately 2 dozen; 1/2″ – 1″ long, approximately 3 cups
- Brass candle holder picks, 2-1/2″, four
- Candles, four in your choice of color
- Unshelled nuts: Brazil nuts, hazelnuts, almonds , approximately 2 dozen each
- Low temperature glue gun
- Acrylic spray paint: Gold
In five easy steps you can have a brilliant candle holder for the center of your table.
Just follow these steps:
- Glue wreaths together. Let dry.
- Paint wreath, nuts and pinecones gold. Let dry.
- Glue Brazil nuts, points facing up, along lower inside of wreath. Glue hazelnuts in a row above Brazil nuts. Glue 1/2″ pinecones between the two rows to fill in empty spaces.
For the other two steps click here!
Some other fabulous pinecone Christmas crafts you can make are:
Pinecone Christmas Tree from amazingmoms.com
Pinecone Angel Ornaments from fabulousliving.com
Wax Pinecone Decorations from themagiconion.com
Pinecone Ornament from RedRiverStencil of Etsy
Tiny Pinecone Garland from redbirdcrafts.com
Pinecone Votives from zakkalife.com
There are so many crafts you can make using pinecones, you just have to get creative and use your imagination. For a nice Christmas pinecone you can simply add some sparkles or glitter and hang it on your tree, it looks like snow. Check out more pinecone crafts you can make!