Halloween is approaching fast and if you are like me, you said to yourself on October 7th, “There’s plenty of time to think about Halloween” and the next thing you knew it was October 27th. Seriously, how did that happen? No need to fear, I am here to help with a simple halloween treat bag idea that is perfect for a class Halloween party or your co-workers on Monday. These are cute, actually hold candy, and take no time at all to make.
Halloween Treat Bags
- 12″ x 6″ Piece of Patterned Paper
- 1″ x 6″ Piece of Patterned Paper
- Adhesive Tape
- Scoring Tool
- Score Board
- Take your 12″ x 6″ piece of patterned paper and score it at 5 1/4″ and 6 3/4″ on the long side of the paper. I am using Martha Stewart‘s patterned paper which is a perfect weight for this project. On the short side of your patterned paper, score at 1/2″, 1 1/2″, 4 1/2″, and 5 1/2″. Cut and remove the areas that are shaded. Use this diagram as a guide.
Fold the paper in on the 1 1/2″ lines and out on the 1/2″ lines like so…
- Add adhesive to the inside top left and right of the bag and outside of the bottom left and right.
- Tape sides together so that there is a valley on the sides and the bag is able to stand on it’s own.
- Take your 1″ x 6″ piece of patterned paper and fold in half only at the ends and attach toyour bag in the valleys on the sides.
- Embellish as you choose. I fan folded a piece of 1/2″ x 12″ patterned paper and made a little pinwheel.
- Then added a punched out glitter pumpkin from a piece of Martha Stewart patterned paper.
- And you are done.
This can also be made with a brown grocery bag if you want to recycle and keep it even simpler. Just stamp a brown paper bag with a cool pattern or crumple it for an eerie feel. Or for the handle, you can use scraps of ribbon if you have some laying around. And we have other Halloween treat bag ideas, like the Bandanna Trick or Treat Bag and the Cute Candy Can.
Latest posts by FaveCrafts (see all)
- Craft Tutorials and How Tos You Might Have Missed: Part 2 - July 10, 2017
- In Case You Missed It: Top 20 Crafts from Creativation 2017 - May 30, 2017
- 15 Perfect Spring Felt Projects You’ll Want To Make - April 10, 2017