This holiday, I need 5 christmas gifts for guys on my list, including my Dad, my boyfriend, two brother-in-laws and a very rambunctious nephew. Finding the right Christmas gifts for guys can sometimes be difficult, especially when those guys wish only for expensive electronics. While we might not be able to deliver expensive electronics, we craft editors always encourage homemade gifts, especially when we need to be a bit more conservative with our holiday spending. I put together 5 ideas for easy to make christmas gifts for guys that will keep them happy and will certainly demonstrate that you care. Here are my top 5 easy to make Christmas gifts for guys:
- T-Shirt Re-Do– Does your gift recipient have far too many t-shirts and no room to store them all? Create something new with worn out or less-loved t-shirts. Turn some older t-shirts into a comfortable t-shirt scarf. Simple cut into strips showing off the T-shirt design, pin right sides together and sew. For a fun decorating idea, pin and glue an old shirt tightly around foam squares to create inexpensive T-shirt art. For more detailed instructions, see T-shirt Wall Art .
- Record Bowl– Turn an old record or a thrift store find into a cool and handy snack bowl, perfect for a music enthusiast. To make the vinyl record bowl, preheat your oven to 400-480 Fahrenheit. Place an oven-safe bowl upside down on the cookie sheet. Place your record on top. Heat in the oven for a few minutes, watching the whole time. Once the record starts to droop, remove from the oven with the assistance of your oven mitts/gloves. The vinyl will be cooler than the sheet or bowl, but you will not be able to touch it right away. Quickly flip the bowl over and push the record inside the bowl and mold it to the shape of the bowl, pushing it at the bottom. Or, you can leave a smaller bowl flipped over on the cookie sheet, and mold the vinyl around the outside of the bowl.If you don’t like the shape and it starts to cool, put it back in the oven for a few minutes to soften again.
- Peppermint Bark in a Jar– For the guy with sweet-tooth, whip together some peppermint bark with good quality chocolate. Use white chocolate, dark chocolate or a combination of both based on your guy’s preferences. Chocolate chips will melt more quickly using the double-boiler method. To make the peppermint bark, gather up some candy canes, place in a plastic bag and hammer into small pieces. Line a cookie sheet with wax paper. Melt the chocolate in a double-boiler and add some peppermint extract if you like (1/2 tsp for 12 ounces of chocolate). Pour onto cookie sheet and spread evenly with spatula. Sprinkle with candy cane pieces and press gently into chocolate. Refrigerate until hardened and break into pieces. Present to the guy in a mason jar tied with Christmas ribbon.
- Memorable Gifts– For the home cook, put together a book of favorite recipes, with personal comments. Use favorite photos to create an album. Use wine labels from a special occasion to decoupage coasters, magnets or simple canvas. Follow these instructions to create wine coasters. Does he have a planned holiday coming up? Put together an album or scrapbook with spaces left for images and present with a guide book to the destination.
- Knit or Crochet Winter Accessories– If you live in a climate that requires winter accessories, you really cannot go wrong with a homemade scarf, hat or gloves. These projects are quick and easy for those who knit or crochet. Make a whole set or just a scarf in a masculine thread. For an extra treat, knit the scarf in a warm and luxurious cashmere yarn.