To celebrate our Pumpkinpalooza contest, we’re bringing you the best flameless candle and pumpkin projects from all of our crafty friends! Scroll down to the bottom of this post to find out how you can win $1000 in cash and prizes just by decorating a pumpkin!
Carving a Funkin is a great activity with any child this Halloween. Funkin? Yes that is right! Funkins are artificial pumpkins that are carvable. Carve them just like a regular pumpkin but they will last forever. Plus they are so much fun and you can get a little silly with them….
To carve your Funkin you will need:
- Knife or pumpkin carving kit
- Pencil with eraser
- Battery operated candle
- Imagination (or a 7 year old that has one)
1. We started by sketching on a face (designed by a 7 year old) with a pencil. My 7 year old wants to put our Jack-o-lantern in his room every year. Now with the Funkin that is possible!
2. We then just used a knife (no special tools) to cut out our face. It really was just as easy as carving a real pumpkin.
Now you can see that the inside of the Funkin is similar to styrofoam.
I even let my son carve some (supervised of course).
We had one mishap but a little glue fixed this area right up. I would say if you can make these thin areas of your design a little thicker they will work better with the Funkin.
3. After you have made your cuts, you can actually erase all of the extra pencil marks. They just came right off!
This is the only mess we were left with. A few bits to throw away and a little dust. So simple, easy and fun!
4. You just add a light to the inside and you are ready for some Halloween fun. I just added a battery operated tea light and it was perfect.
My son loves the new addition to his room. And now the Jack-o-lantern can stay outside where he belongs.
Enter our Pumpkinpalooza Contest!
How creative can you get this Halloween? Enter our Pumpkinpalooza contest and show off your creative skills! You don’t have to get out a knife for this contest – show us what you can do with Mod Podge, paint, paper and more! Entries will be judged by Mark Montano, Margot Potter and the Crafty Chica, Kathy Cano-Murillo. If that wasn’t cool enough, the winner will received $1000 in cash and prizes!
How To Enter
- Submit you photo of your decorated pumpkin at FaveCrafts.com.
- Contest submissions will be accepted September 24th through October 21st. Only one submission per person please, so use your best pumpkin decorating ideas.
- You must use a pumpkin. You can decorate the pumpkin any way you like, but there must be a pumpkin, real or artificial. We recommend using a Funkin, so your creation can be displayed year after year!
- Craft-lebrity voting will be from October 22nd to October 24th.
- The judges picks will then be opened to reader voting from October 25th to October 30th.
- Winner will be announced on the Halloween, October31st!
- Contest open to US and Canada residents 18+
- One entry per person, duplicates will be deleted.
- Contest entries close October 21, 2012 at 11:59p CST.
- Entries must be submitted at FaveCrafts.com.
- Entries must be an original design by you.
- Winners will be posted on this blog Wednesday, October 31st and notified by email.
Latest posts by FaveCrafts (see all)
- How FaveCrafts Celebrated Our 10 Year Anniversary - July 15, 2019
- Best Blogger Contest 2019 Winners! - April 25, 2019
- Adorable Granny Square Scarf + 10 More Uses for Granny Squares - April 18, 2019