Forget September… I’m ready to start dive head first into fall! This is my favorite time of year – the smells, tastes and sounds of fall just can’t be beat. Now that the heat is subsiding (finally) and the leaves are falling, it’s time to say goodbye to summer and officially welcome autumn. Bring on the pumpkins, candy corn and hot cups of cocoa!
You greet your guests by hanging a wreath on your front door, so why not do the same thing to welcome fall? Fall wreaths can incorporate a variety of colorful elements and seasonal fabrics. Use wood, burlap and twine to create a rustic, muted look that’s reminiscent of autumn. Apples are always a major part of fall, be sure to incorporate them into your own design. Create an Apple Pie Wreath using burlap and be sure to add a rolling pin at the bottom. You can also use store-bought plastic leaves to make a Colorful Fall Wreath. This is a quick and easy project that you can make in an afternoon. If you want to add an eco-friendly touch to your decor, create a Metallic Autumn Leaves Wreath or a Brown Bag Halloween Wreath – for both projects, you only need paper grocery bags!
Say hello to fall and hang a pretty homemade wreath on your door. This DIY idea is perfect for even a beginning crafter – many projects only require a few inexpensive supplies and little to no crafting expertise. You can even get the kids to help you welcome the season. It’s time to make an autumn resolution to get creative – start by making one of these delightful decor crafts.
- Pumpkin Yarn Embroidery Hoop Wreath from Silly Pearl
- Who’s There Owl Wreath from About Family Crafts
- Wood & Burlap Natural Fall Wreath from Finding Home Online
- Spooky Halloween Wreath from The Cheap Luxury
- Spooky Spider Wreath from Eclectically Vintage
- Candy Corn Wreath from Artsy Fartsy Mama
- Scarecrow Wreath from Ann-Kay Home
- Spooky Halloween Spider Web Wreath from The Tiptoe Fairy
- Dried Apple Wreath from L. Michelle
Latest posts by FaveCrafts (see all)
- 15 Perfect Spring Felt Projects You’ll Want To Make - April 10, 2017
- April is Stress Awareness Month! Unwind with Knitting and Crochet - April 3, 2017
- Best Yarn for Baby Patterns: 3 Tips for Your Next Project - March 28, 2017