It’s not even Thanksgiving yet, but holiday madness has started to descend. Have you started planning for Christmas yet, or are you too zeroed in on the big Thanksgiving feast? Department stores are already decorated for the holidays and shelves are prominently stocked with wrapping paper, gift bags, and all types of wintery decorations. Whether you’re excited and planning for Christmas already or waiting, AllFreeHolidayCrafts has you covered!
At this time of the year I’m personally super excited for Thanksgiving; I have a small immediate family, so any time we get together is cherished. It also helps that everyone has an adorable dog they bring around. Dinner is potluck style, so everyone brings some sort of side dish to share and the biggest challenge of the night is how to fit everything on your plate during your first pass through the food. With full plates and fuller glasses, the entire evening just descends into laughter and puppy kisses.
Despite having Thanksgiving on my mind, I know I’m starting to think about Christmas. There are plenty of gifts I’m planning on buying for my friends, but I also want to try my hand at making them some creative gifts. The holiday season is also prime baking time, so of course I have all sorts of chocolate-y recipes I want to try.
To ease you into the Christmas mindset, here are some Christmas ideas. You’ll find patterns for Christmas-themed accessories, DIY Christmas gifts and decorations, and even some tasty, tasty recipes. For those that enjoy planning ahead and sending out some holiday cards, don’t worry; you’re covered, too.
Christmas Ideas for Children
Keep the kiddos entertained this Christmas with these fun and festive crafts!
- Letters to Santa Postal Pouch
- Fluffy Beard Santa
- Christmas Tree Sun Catchers
- Easy Beaded Tree Ornament
- Elf Legs Christmas Countdown Calendar
- Snowman Family Handprint Ornaments
- Handprint Reindeer Ornaments
- Lend-a-Hand Christmas Trees
- Coffee Filter Snowmen
DIY Holiday Decor
Decorate your holiday home with these fun and easy DIY ideas.
- Glitz and Glam Christmas Wreath
- Knit Peppermint Swirl Coaster
- DIY Yarn Christmas Trees
- Edible Christmas Candy Bowl
- Bright Button Wreath
- Recycled Jar Christmas Tree
- A Little Burlap Love
- Christmas Yarn and Ornament Wreath
- Elegant Christmas Tree Cones
Savor the holidays with these delicious holiday treat ideas.
- Holiday Puppy Chow Recipe
- Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer Treats
- Candy Cane Crumble Nutella Cookies
- Simple Shaped Marshmallows
- Chocolate Covered Peppermint Sticks
- Yummy Peppermint Shortbread Squares
- Easy Snowball Cookies
DIY Holiday Gifts
Show your friends and family how much you care with these sentimental DIY gifts.
- Holiday Headbands in a Hurry
- Glittery Ornament Necklace
- Homemade Holiday Soaps
- Personalized Coffee Mug
- Photo Booth Holiday Bow
- Knit Rudolph Hat
- Naughty of Nice Reversible Pillow
- Santa Paws Crochet Dog Outfit
Make Your Own Cards
If you still enjoy sending out holiday cards, here are a few DIY ideas.
- 3D Ornaments Card
- Charming Kraft Paper Holiday Cards
- Christmas Bird Card
- Paper Scrap Christmas Cards
- Aluminum Can Xmas Card
Are you looking ahead to Christmas yet?
Latest posts by AllFreeHolidayCrafts (see all)
- Home on the Range: 19 Country Western-Inspired Crafts and Recipes - May 24, 2016
- Recycled Crafts: 26 Button Crafts to Use Up Your Stash - May 16, 2016
- 23 Rustically Romantic Ideas - January 25, 2016