This guest post was written by Ashley Lemieux.
If you’re anything like me, sometimes you feel bad for giving a close friend or family member a gift card on their birthday. It just seems so impersonal! I solved that problem by creating personalized gift boxes! Now it doesn’t matter if I stick a gift card in it, because the box it’s in had thought put into it. This project is even for those who feel like they’re not so crafty. YOU CAN DO IT!
What you need:
- Metal Tin (Can be any size)
- Mod Podge/Brush
- Scrapbook Paper
- Cut your scrapbook paper to fit the dimensions of your tin.
- You will need to cover the front, and both sides of the inside of the tin. I use different, coordinating paper for each side!
- Lightly brush mod podge on the front, and place your paper on it.
- Repeat for all sides.
- Add your picture to the inside of the tin by brushing mod podge on the back of it.
- Then, lightly cover the picture in mod podge on the front. Dont worry, it drys!
- Next, lightly cover all the sides with mod podge
- You can then add ribbon/button to the front (pictured above) by applying mod podge to the back of it.
Now you won’t feel guilty when they open it up to find a gift card!
Ashley LeMieux is a freelance writer that loves to share her empowering thoughts and ideas with others. Ashley has also founded The Shine Project to encourage others to shine. You can find some of Ashley’s articles at My Baby Clothes. Find your little ones the most precious summer baby clothes, tutus and matching baby headbands.