This guest post was written by Kira from Tip Hero.
Now that the weather is changing and fall is on the way, you’re most likely starting to pack away summer clothing and pull out the long sleeve shirts and sweaters. However, what happens when you pull some old sweaters out of storage only to realize that some are too small or have a stain or tear? Or, what if you find some super cheap sweaters at a thrift store that don’t fit or have a minor imperfection? These sweaters don’t have to be destined for the recycling bin. Take a look at some ideas for what to do with them:
- Chair Cover: update an old chair (maybe from a secondhand shop) with the help of an old sweater, a seam ripper, some scissors and a staple gun.
- Sweater Boots: create these fashionable boots out of an old sweater and an existing pair of flats.
- Pet Bed: make a cute little bed for your furry friend out of an assortment of old sweaters.
- Sweater Pillows: these are perfect for making beds or sofas a bit more cozy. Just pull together a few old sweaters and stitch up these pillows with the help of this tutorial.
- Sweater Bag: make a cute bag out of a sweater and a cloth belt or ribbon.
- Sweater Mittens:
- Winter Scarf: this great tutorial shows you how to make a very detailed scarf out of some old sweaters and optional felt scraps.
- Un-Shrink Your Favorite Sweater: if you accidentally shrunk your sweater while doing laundry, hope is not lost. Try this trick for un-shrinking it a bit so you can still wear it.