Special thanks to Kira at Tip Hero for this guest blog post.
College graduations are going on all around the country and high school graduations are right around the corner. Do you know how you’ll congratulate the grads in your life? Check out some helpful, frugal gift ideas for your grads:
For High School Grads
- Homemade “Life Hurts” First Aid Basket: think of the items that a typical college student would need when they get hurt or aren’t feeling well, i.e. ibuprofen, band-aids, Neosporin, etc. You could even make your own frugal remedies for their benefit. Put together a basket that your college student will really appreciate when life gets them down.
- A Gift from the Heart: fill a journal with advice that you wish you had been given when you went to college. You could also create a personalized scrap book so that they can chronicle their own college experience.
- Bathroom Kit: fill an inexpensive tote with shampoo, soap, deodorant, toothpaste, shaving cream, etc. This will save the grad a great deal of money to start off with.
For Any Grad
- Fabric Gift and Edible Gifts: try some of these ideas from Tip Junkie. Every grad would love something sweet to snack on or a case to hold their latest electronics, for example.
- Gift in a Jar: these gifts travel extremely well and make great gifts for any occasion.
- Pamper Them: grads of all ages are most likely stressed out by their recent, excruciating final exams and papers. Make them some homemade spa and pampering gifts to help them chill out and reset.
- Fabric Scrap Gifts: are you an avid crafter? Chances are you have a box (or 5) of leftover fabric scraps just hanging around. Try out some of these easy gift ideas that will utilize your scraps, courtesy of the Frugal Living Blog.
Additional source: BeingFrugal.Net
Photo credit: Tulane Public Relations