Once again, Kira at Tip Hero provides us with a great roundup–this time on summery clothes!
How’s your summer wardrobe looking this season? If you’re a bit low on wearable summer clothing for this season, you can easily update your wardrobe on the cheap without buying ready-made clothing. Whether you’re an expert at sewing or a clothes-making novice, there’s a project for you in this roundup. Here are some ideas for you to get started with!
- Summery Strapless Dress: check out this great tutorial that will help you make a perfect dress for summer on the cheap. All you’ll need is jersey, lycra or elastic chiffon, scissors, a sewing machine, a t-shirt, and an optional accessory.
- Fun Party Top: have an old t-shirt that you never wear? Turn it into a fun top that you can wear when you hit the town.
- Draped Shirt or Dress:The draped shirt is definitely “in” right now. It’s featured in lots of stores at the moment (among them, H&M and BCBG). However, instead of paying $50 for yours, you can actually make it easily for as low as $5. YourKloset shows you how to do this project with easy patterns and chiffon, jersey, or any other material that drapes well.
- One Shoulder Dress in 2 Minutes: this project couldn’t be easier. Take a look at GiannyL at work:
- Denim Cut Off Shorts: do you have jeans that are fraying at the bottom? Rather than donate them to Goodwill just yet, try making your own shorts out of the jeans. It’s simple!
- Summery Skirt: make your own skirt that you can mix and match with your summer tops.
- Easy DIY Bathing Suit Cover Up: grab a big old t-shirt that you never wear and make it into a fabulous cover up that’s great for the beach or the pool.
- Jean Shorts: men can make their own shorts out of old jeans too! Check out this easy-to-follow tutorial.
- Board Shorts and Swim Suits: do you have an old suit that you haven’t worn in forever? If you take the bottoms to your old suit and a tie, you can easily make your own board shorts that’ll look great on the beach.
- Men’s Refashioned Tee: if you’re bored with the same old t-shirts in your wardrobe, you can use this tutorial as inspiration for making something a bit more fun to wear.
Latest posts by FaveCrafts (see all)
- How FaveCrafts Celebrated Our 10 Year Anniversary - July 15, 2019
- Best Blogger Contest 2019 Winners! - April 25, 2019
- Adorable Granny Square Scarf + 10 More Uses for Granny Squares - April 18, 2019