Nothing says Christmas quite like gingerbread. The smell alone can bring back memories from childhood and evoke images of chestnuts roasting on an open fire. Also, it seems that everywhere you go, gingerbread items are filling the shelves. You can enjoy a gingerbread latte while munching on a gingerbread bagel – sounds pretty good to me! Since Thanksgiving is a week away and the holiday season is almost here, I figured it was time to look at the best gingerbread crafts from across the web – all the fun of the holiday season without nearly as many calories!
There are so many ways to get in the Christmas spirit and make gingerbread crafts. Make Dancing Gingerbread Ornaments and add them to your Christmas tree – this is a great project to make right now. If you aren’t putting up a tree in your home, you can simply handing these handmade ornaments in your kitchen. If you plan to give gift cards this year, make a Gingerbread Gift Card Holder and skip traditional paper envelopes. Gift cards can seem impersonal at times, but this craft shows you’ve put plenty of time and effort into your gift. Sometime this month, create your own Gingerbread Man Painted Christmas Plate and use it when you leave out cookies for Santa. Add fun touches to the design for a completely personalized look.
Is your mouth watering yet? Get excited for the holidays and create something you can give as a gift or hang on your tree. The more gingerbread crafts you make, the better – you can never have too much Christmas spirit!
- Earphone Cord Keepers with Printable Packaging from Minted Strawberry
- Felt Gingerbread Christmas Ornaments from Do Small Things With Love
- Gingerbread Playdough from Kitchen Simplicity
- Gingerbread Crayons from Torie Jayne
- Gingerbread Family Ornaments from Morena’s Corner
- Cardboard Gingerbread House Gift Tags from Warm Hot Chocolate
- No Sew Gingerbread Man Puppet from Things For Boys
- Applesauce Cinnamon Gingerbread Garland from Make Life Lovely
- Gingerbread House Tree Ornaments from Craft Storming