Sometimes you just need to add a little something to your space. It’s easy to head out to the mall and buy something generic, but where’s the fun in that? Instead, you can create a completely unique decorative piece and hang it on a blank wall. Best of all, you don’t have to break the bank when you’re making a garland. For these projects, you can use scrap yarn, leftover paper or even old keys. Don’t forget a long piece of string or ribbon – that’s what makes your garland come together (literally).
I always thought garlands were meant for Christmas, but there are so many crafts that prove me wrong. It’s nice to be able to add a simple piece to a boring wall or blank mantel, and garlands can be made in no time at all. As began to search for garland projects online, I noticed a major craft trend – pom poms. Grab your most colorful yarn scraps and a pair of scissors – creating pom poms is such a fun and easy activity. Use them to make a Yarn Pom Pom Garland or, if you don’t have yarn, use tissue paper and create a Pom Pom Party Garland using the same technique. I also like the look of garlands that use (often die-cut) paper scraps. An Around the World Paper Chain has a pretty vintage look and would look great with yellow or brown scrapbook paper.
Garlands are a simple project for every kind of crafter. Use materials you have on hand and experiment with sizes, shapes and colors. Before you know it, your home will be covered in color.
- Tassel Garland from Calico Skies
- CMYK Garland from The Flair Exchange
- Key to My Heart Garland from Valley & Co. Lifestyle
- Glittery Star Garland from Hazel & Agnes
- Book Page Garland from Design, Dining + Diapers
- Cheap & Easy Neon Pompom Garland from Dream a Little Bigger
- DIY Golden Garland from The Lovely Cardboard
- No-Glue, No-Sew 3D Paper Dot Garland from Corinna Wraps
- Feather and Lavender Garland from Pointless Pretty Things
Latest posts by FaveCrafts (see all)
- 15 Perfect Spring Felt Projects You’ll Want To Make - April 10, 2017
- April is Stress Awareness Month! Unwind with Knitting and Crochet - April 3, 2017
- Best Yarn for Baby Patterns: 3 Tips for Your Next Project - March 28, 2017