It’s a Crafty Fiesta all week long here on the FaveCrafts blog, and we’re joined by I Love to Create to get you geared up for Cinco de Mayo with some fun and festive craft projects! Be sure to keep tuning in every day through May 5th for all our amazing Cinco de Mayo craft ideas, DIY inspiration, and a giveaway each day. Check out today’s funky painted frame box tutorial, and then be sure to scroll down to enter our giveaway below!
La Guitarra Fiesta Frame Box
Every fiesta needs music, and the La Guitarra Fiesta Frame Box project from I Love to Create is a musically inspired craft that sings with color! Brighten up a table, credenza, or any area that needs some extra “pop” with this pretty painted craft project. Then, once the fiesta’s over, you can stow away your favorite treasures and keepsakes in style!
- Crafty Chica® Little Chica Paint Packs™
- Aleene’s® Spray Acrylic Sealer™
- Crafty Chica® Loteria Game™
- Crafty Chica® Chunky Glitters™ (Rockabilly Ruby)
- Aleene’s® Original Tacky Glue™
- Wood box with a frame opening on lid (found at craft stores)
- Paintbrushes – small and medium
- Remove the glass and backing from the frame portion of box lid.
- Choose four colors from the Crafty Chica™ Little Chica Paint Pack™ to paint the box: one for the inside, one for the outside bottom, one for the outside top, and one for the framed area on top of lid.
- Cover work surface with newspaper. Squeeze puddles of paint onto foil and paint box. Let dry.
- Use the back end of the paintbrushes to create flowers, dots, swirls, and squiggles in contrasting colors all over the box. (Refer to photo.) Let dry.
- Spray inside and outside of box with Aleene’s® Spray Acrylic Sealer™. Let dry in a well-ventilated area.
- Remove the frame backing, paint it, and let dry. Use Aleene’s™ Original Tacky Glue™ to affix the Loteria Game “La Guitarra” image in the center. Let dry.
- Brush on a thin coat of glue around the painted surface; then immediately sprinkle a coat of Crafty Chica™ Chunky Glitter™ onto glue. Let dry; then shake off excess glitter and insert into frame with glass.
Want to make sure that you always have good love vibes in your home? Of course you do! Well with this pretty love shrine, you can do just that! Enter to win this Crafty Chica Love Shrine from I Love to Create just by answering the question below in the comments section!
- Contest open to US and Canada residents 18+
- One comment/entry per person.
- Contest closes April 3, 2012 at 11:59p CST.
- Please answer the question below in order to be entered.
- Winners will be posted on this blog and notified by email