It’s a Crafty Fiesta all week long here on the FaveCrafts blog, and we’re joined by I Love to Create to get you geared up for Cinco de Mayo with some fun and festive craft projects! Be sure to keep tuning in every day through May 6th for all our amazing Cinco de Mayo craft ideas, DIY inspiration, and a giveaway each day. Check out today’s colorful chip and dip bowl tutorial, and then be sure to scroll down to enter our giveaway below!
Fiesta Chip and Dip Bowl
It wouldn’t be a fiesta without some tortilla chips and salsa! Spice up your snack table with this easy chili-pepper-painted Fiesta Chip and Dip Bowl project from I Love to Create! In bold reds, yellows, and greens, this bright and beautiful bowl is a simple way to turn up the volume on your party decor. You’ll actually want your snacks to run out so that you can show off your handiwork to all your fiesta guests!
- Duncan® Concepts® Underglazes for Bisque and Majolica
-CN 182 Bright Kiwi
-CN 253 Dark Black
-CN 501 Neon Yellow
-CN 504 Neon Orange
-CN 505 Neon Green
-CN 507 Neon Red
- Dinnerware Bisque Designs
-1-piece Chip & Dip 12″ x 12″ x 2″
- Signature Brushes
-SB 802 No. 1 Liner
-SB 807 No. 6 Fan Glaze
-SB 811 No. 8 Round
-SB 812 No. 10 Round
- Brush Cleaner
- Mask ‘n Peel™
- Clear Glazes
-IN 1001 Envision Clear Glaze
- Clay carbon
- Wipe ware with damp sponge to remove any dust.
- Trace design on plate with clay carbon and pencil.
- Dampen No. 8 Round brush with water; then condition with Brush Cleaner and press out excess. Load brush with Mask ‘n Peel and apply one good coat to chili peppers. Allow to dry thoroughly.
- Use No. 10 Round brush to create vertical stripes with three coats of Neon Red, Neon Yellow, and Neon Green. Let dry between coats. While the last coat is still slightly damp, lift corner of each masked area with a straight pin and gently pull mask off. Check for and remove any remaining particles.
- Use No. 8 Round brush to apply three coats of Neon Orange, Neon Yellow, and Neon Green to chili peppers. Also apply three coats of Bright Kiwi to stems. Create highlights with opposite colors. Let dry after each coat.
- Use No. 6 Fan Glaze to apply three coats of Neon Yellow to dip center of bowl. Let dry after each coat.
- Use No. 10 Round brush to apply three coats of Dark Black to rim of dip center and around rim of bowl. Use No. 6 Fan Glaze brush to apply three coats to back of bowl. Let dry after each coat.
- Use No. 1 Liner brush to outline peppers and stripes with Dark Black. Also add light detail lines on each pepper. Let dry.
- Apply one coat of Clear glaze completely on bowl with No. 6 Fan Glaze brush. Let dry.
- Stilt and glaze fire to shelf cone 06.
It wouldn’t be a celebration without a chance to win something! We’re giving away a Crafty Chica Charm Bracelet Kit from iLovetoCreate! Charm bracelets are great because you can have a reminder of all your favorite things with you in one place at all times! This kit makes it easy to put together a special and fun charm bracelet, so answer the question below to be entered for a chance to win!
- Contest open to US and Canada residents 18+
- One comment/entry per person.
- Contest closes May 4, 2012 at 11:59p CST.
- Please answer the question below in order to be entered.
- Winners will be posted on this blog and notified by email
What is your favorite holiday to celebrate?
Latest posts by FaveCrafts (see all)
- How FaveCrafts Celebrated Our 10 Year Anniversary - July 15, 2019
- Best Blogger Contest 2019 Winners! - April 25, 2019
- Adorable Granny Square Scarf + 10 More Uses for Granny Squares - April 18, 2019