Ahh, spring is in the air. Isn’t it fantastic? The bright red tulips in our back garden are opening up and bushes are starting to bloom. Luckily, my desk is right next to sliding doors out to the garden, so I can occasionally stare lovingly at the emerging colors. Here in Ireland, April is considered the short “Irish Summer,” because it will likely have the most sunny days, as opposed to rainy days throughout the traditional summer months. With such a small window of sun, I’m going to soak up the rays like a reptile as much as possible. In the spirit of sunny and colorful spring, the editors here at FaveCrafts have put together a round-up of favorite spring crafts:
- Tonya Staab of Currently Crafting shares a knitting pattern with us for a punnet of strawberries. Strawberries are in season right now and these won’t spoil!
- Friendly plastic is a fun material with which to create homemade jewelry and there are some great projects for spring at FaveCrafts.com. I love this butterfly necklace project, designed by Jane Ewy for Amaco.
- These crochet doily bowls are easy to create and would be perfect for an Easter brunch or other spring meal. Use this doily crochet pattern to create the doily or choose your own.
- Make a booklet with a pocket and a cute floral design. I love that it’s cheap, easy and requires no expertise.
- Check out this tutorial on how to make an eco-friendly corsage. Cute and springy!