We weren’t kidding, Jennifer Priest really is scrapbook royalty! She has her own adorable blog, which you can check out here, and she also works for Scrapbook Royalty, a crafty charitable organization that we LOVE here at FaveCrafts. Here are a few of Jennifers creative DIY Father’s Day gift ideas for you last minute folks.
Father’s Day Mini Book
A great way to celebrate Dad and what he means in our lives is to create a mini book about just that. I collected quotes I found online that pertain to my children’s experience with their dad, my husband. Then I gathered photos that represented those things in my children’s lives. I used scraps of fabric that my husband liked as well as an old pair of his jeans that I cut into accents to use in the book. I taught this book as a sold out Prima Certified class at two local scrapbook stores in southern California. You can download a PDF of the quotes here.
- Chipboard – Kelly Paper
- O-Wires – Zutter
- Paint – Making Memories
- Fabric – Joann’s, Heidi Grace, Ralph Lauren Jeans (cut up)
- Flowers, Gems, Stamps, Stars, Paper – Prima
- Ink – Ranger, Colorbox, Stampin’ Up!
- Cardstock- Bazzill, The Paper Company
- Book Plates, Brads, Photo Turns – Stampin’ Up!
Homemade Treat Can
I recently purchased some nut medleys packaged in brown cardboard tubes from Starbuck’s. My family already ate all of the goodies inside but I loved the shape and color of the sturdy tubes. You can “recycle” almost any packaging into something new. Fill Starbuck’s Frappucino jars, Prima flower bottles, and other packaging with candies or treats from your local grocery’s bulk candy and nut selection. My husband loves mixed nuts so I plan to fill this tube with a variety of flavored mixed nuts from our local market.
This makes a great gift for any occasion, especially Father’s Day for a little extra treat. Save the leftover can as a decoration or desk organizer!
For the full project, click here.
Check out FaveCrafts.com for more fun Father’s Day craft ideas.
Latest posts by FaveCrafts (see all)
- 15 Perfect Spring Felt Projects You’ll Want To Make - April 10, 2017
- April is Stress Awareness Month! Unwind with Knitting and Crochet - April 3, 2017
- Best Yarn for Baby Patterns: 3 Tips for Your Next Project - March 28, 2017