On March 20th, we officially said goodbye to winter and hello to spring. Here at AllFreeChristmasCrafts, it’s a little bitter sweet. Obviously we love winter, but here in Chicago we’ve had our fill (Minnesota and Canada, we genuinely don’t know how you do it year after year. We commend you, friends). While I’m ready to let go of the snow, it breaks my heart a bit to say goodbye to snowman crafts.
I know I shouldn’t take sides, but snowman crafts are probably one of my favorite Christmas crafts around. When I see their cute carrot noses and little charcoal buttons, I just can’t help but smile! My mind fills with memories: soaked gloves, runny noses, the weight of the growing snowball as you roll it, the list goes on. Growing up, my family was always outside playing the in the snow. We made snow forts, snow angels, snow tunnels, we even built little igloos, but our favorite thing to make had to be snowmen. As the years progressed, so did our snowmen. This perhaps was my favorite, meet Mike and Sully from Monsters Inc.:
So in honor of the end of winter, I wanted to give Frosty and all his fellow snowmen a proper send off. From homemade Christmas ornaments to wonderful pieces of DIY Christmas decor to hang on your wall, front door, or mantel, there are plenty of ways you can create the last snowman of the season. Let’s wish Frosty a fond farewell with these snowman crafts!
- Cute Epsom Salt Snowman Vase
- Smiley Snowman Ornament
- Bottle Cap Snowman Ornament
- Rustic Wood Snowman Head
- Marble Snowman Magnets
- Stash Crafted Wrapping Paper Snowman Ornament
- Mini Knitted Snowman
- Snowman Pail Ornament
- Super Cute Snowman DIY Wreath
- Snowmen Rule!
- Salt Dough Snowmen
- Embroidery Hoop Snowman Card Holder
- Light Bulb Snowman
- Snowman Soup
- Play Dough Snowman in a Jar
- Frosty the Friendly DIY Snow Globe
- Fuzzy Yarn Snowman
- Snowman Light Bulb Ornament
- Creamer Bottle Snowman
- Snow Place Like Home Jar
What will you miss about winter?
- Snow Need to Flake Out – 14 Snowflake Crafts & Giveaway - July 2, 2014
- Beachside Buddies: Summer Crafts for Kids - June 15, 2014
- More Tees, Pretty Please! DIY T Shirts for the Family - June 9, 2014