Laced Valentines for Kids
These simple and easy hearts are great for preschool Valentine’s Day crafts.
- Yarn or ribbon in red, pink or white lace
- Cardstock or cardboard in pink, red, or mauve
- Single hole punch
- Markers and Glitter (Optional)
- Trace a heart shape on the cardstock or cardboard.
- Have your child practice cutting the heart shape out of the card stock or cardboard. Make sure to use safety scissors and monitor your child’s work. Or cut the heart shapes out ahead of time for your child.
- Once cut out, flip the card on the back and space out dots along the heart’s boarder where you will put the holes for weaving. Continue the whole way around the heart.
- Using the single hold punch, cut out holes on the designated spots along the heart’s boarder.
- Practice tying knots with the yarn or ribbon with your child. Tie a knot or a bow in one end of the ribbon.
- Lace through the first hole at the pointed bottom of the heart and pull through until you hit the knot. Show your child how to pull the ribbon through the hole and back up through the next hole in a weaving pattern.
- Continue all the way around the heart. When you get back to where you began, tie off the ribbon or yarn again with a knot or a bow.
- Let your child decorate the Valentine as they see fit with crayons, markers and glitter.
Print This Post
Editor at FaveCrafts
FaveCrafts.com is a website with all the craft project ideas, tutorials, videos, and tips you'll ever need! We add new projects and tips every day. Some of our readers' favorites include Christmas Crafts, Free Knitting Patterns, Free Crochet Patterns and Crafting with Kids. You will find step-by-step instructions, videos and patterns to make it quick and easy.
Latest posts by FaveCrafts (see all)
- How FaveCrafts Celebrated Our 10 Year Anniversary - July 15, 2019
- Best Blogger Contest 2019 Winners! - April 25, 2019
- Adorable Granny Square Scarf + 10 More Uses for Granny Squares - April 18, 2019