Eleven days and counting until Easter is finally here. If you’re looking for some last minute easy Easter craft ideas then you’ve come to the right place. Crafting is a fun thing to do with your children especially if it’s something easy enough for them to work on, on their own. Here are some great easy Easter craft ideas you can make last minute.
A Bunny Decoration– This cute little guy is so sleepy he just wants curl in a ball and sleep through Easter. Materials you need are:
- Half an egg shell
- Thin white ribbon
- Black felt and another piece of colored felt of your choice
- Six pom poms (two large and one small)
- Pink and white acrylic paint
- Elmer’s glue
- Bottle cap
Before starting this project you need to boil the egg in water so it gets rid of any bacteria that may have been in there for a safe Easter project. We are going to start out at the bottom of the bunny and work our way up. This is such an easy craft idea you can make many of them. Here’s how:
- Paint the eggshell with the pink paint.
- Mix a little bit of pink and white paint together and paint the bottle cap.
- Once the bottle cap is dry, put some glue on the inside and glue the egg to the cap, jagged side facing outward (open end up).
- Glue one large pom pom inside the eggshell to create the body of the bunny.
- Glue the other large pom pom on top of the first one.
- Take the two little pom poms and glue them on the inside of the eggshell (against the large pom pom) creating the bunny’s feet.
- Take the other two little pom poms and glue NEAR the top of the first large pom pom creating the cheeks.
- Cut out a small piece of black felt to use as the nose, glue it above the cheeks.
- Again, cut out little pieces of black felt to use as the eyes. Since this is a sleepy bunny you can cut out little slits to give him the sleepy effect.
- Cut out some cute bunny ears with the other color felt you chose and glue them onto the sides of the large pom pom.
- Once everything is dry you can tie a piece of ribbon around the bottom of the eggshell for finishing touches.
This makes for a really cute centerpiece especially if you make multiple bunnies. You can make them in different pastel colors like pink, green, white and yellow. The kids will love making these as they’re so much fun.
What are your easy Easter craft ideas?
Latest posts by FaveCrafts (see all)
- How FaveCrafts Celebrated Our 10 Year Anniversary - July 15, 2019
- Best Blogger Contest 2019 Winners! - April 25, 2019
- Adorable Granny Square Scarf + 10 More Uses for Granny Squares - April 18, 2019