To celebrate earth week, we thought we would join in on some green crafting! Now for crocheters and knitters, this may seem a little difficult, but there are plenty of ways we can hop on the green crafting challenge. Just by using up your extra yarn scraps, you are recycling yarn that others normally throw away. Another way you can reuse and recycle yarn to to head to your local thrift store and pick up some sweaters, and re-purpose the yarn to crochet or knit something new. To honor the Earth and all that it encompasses, we are challenging you to craft green. This small challenge comes with big reward. Return daily to enter to win one of two exciting Earth Week prizes. Find the contest rules and enter below.
Today is the second to last day of Earth Week, and we’re pushing through the end of the week with this Earth Day Afghan from Caron. With this free crochet afghan pattern, you’ll learn how to make an afghan using Caron’s own Simply Soft Eco yarn which is made from recycled plastic bottles. According to Caron,”Every 10 skeins of Simply Soft Eco saves 6 plastic bottles from America’s landfills.” How cool is that?
Earth Day Afghan
Enjoy crocheting this pattern while knowing that you are helping the environment! It’s always great when you can do something you already love to do and make it “greener” just by changing a few things. You won’t be able to resist this free crochet afghan pattern – so grab the tutorial here!
Earth Week Giveaway
Return daily to comment on the blog for your chance to win one of the two Earth Week prizes. One lucky winner will win a Wool Felt Bug Kit and an Art Journal Kit from Arterro, and another lucky winner will win two hanks of At the Bahamas: Multi Colored Recycled Sari Silk Ribbon Yarn from Darn Good Yarn.
Bonus! As a gift to all Earth Week participants, when shopping with Arterro enter the coupon code FAVE20 for 20% off any order through May 1st.
- There is a maximum of one entry per person per day. The entry will be based upon a comment left on this blog post. Duplicate comments will be deleted and are not tallied. You can comment once a day on each blog post.
- Winners will be selected at random from the comments on the Earth Week blog posts.
- Winners will be announced here on the blog on April 29th as well as contacted by the email address provided.
- You have until April 28th, 2013 at 11:59p EST to leave your comment on any of the Earth Week posts. Comments posted after that will not be counted.
- Contest open to anyone 18+ in US and/or Canada.
What kinds of green crafting projects have you tried lately?
- Earth Day Afghan Tutorial - April 27, 2013
- There’s Still Time! Charity Blanket Drive + Giveaway Prize Package - June 26, 2012
- How Do I Crochet? Your Ultimate How-To Guide from AllFreeCrochetAfghanPatterns - June 21, 2012