When I think of doilies, I immediately imagine lace gloves, tea and corsets. I have to admit, I don’t invest in doilies that often – they have always seemed a little too Downton Abbey for my day-to-day life. That said, as I begin to host more gatherings with friends and family, I’m realizing I don’t want to lay out mismatched plates and plastic cutlery. In my opinion a quick and easy way to add a mature, elegant air is by investing in doilies made from yarn, paper or something else entirely.
If you’re a beginner, consider investing in a pack of the paper doilie. You can find them at an party supply or home goods store and are often pretty inexpensive. Also, paper doilies are often sold in large packs which can be saved for later crafting efforts. If you want to add a little elegance and class to your table any time of year, create a Silver Doily Centerpiece. Use spray paint and other embellishments to bring this piece to life. Doilies are also a great material to use for Christmas crafts. A Doily Angel can be used to decorate a mantel or tabletop. You can even add string and hang it on your tree – it will look great among a sea of traditional ornaments. You can also crochet your own Pretty Crochet Doily or use vintage pieces to decorate a pumpkin for Halloween. Vintage Doily Pumpkins offer a fun and simple alternative to traditional pumpkin carving crafts.
- Candle Holder from Glass Jar and Doilies from Katrinshine
- Doily Pumpkins from Allyson Baker Designs
- Lace Doily Bib Necklace from Stars for Streetlights
- Ring Bearer Pillow from Wholly Koa
- Paper Doily Decoupaged Bottle from Craftiments
- Doily Envelope from The Girls Room Online
- Burlap Doily Bunting from Lolly Jane
- Foldover Doily Clutch from Skirt a Stop
- Paper Doily Bowls from This Is Knockout
Latest posts by FaveCrafts (see all)
- How FaveCrafts Celebrated Our 10 Year Anniversary - July 15, 2019
- Best Blogger Contest 2019 Winners! - April 25, 2019
- Adorable Granny Square Scarf + 10 More Uses for Granny Squares - April 18, 2019