I can’t believe the outfits they make for dogs and cats these days! I just put together a great article on dressing your pet, called 31 Patterns for Pet Clothing. I’ve always had bigger dogs (Labrador Retrievers), so I’ve never paid much attention to dog sweaters or accessories. I just recently got a small dog–a Beagle/Boston Terrier mix–so I decided to buy him a sweater. Here he is sans sweater:
If I knew how to knit or crochet, you better believe I’d be stitching up a storm to give this little guy an adorable wardrobe! I’d love to make him the Crochet Dog Shrug, although I realize it might emasculate him:
I also really love this Knit Rainbow Sweater. The colors are so bright and cheerful!
I do know how to sew, however, so I may just have to try my hand at this adorable Puppy Necktie. You think dogs don’t need neckties? Well, think again! Look at how professional this pooch looks with his business casual attire!
You can see the rest of the adorable pet clothing patterns (and a few bonus pet crafts) in my article, 31 Patterns for Pet Clothing.
And if that isn’t enough to satiate you, here are some more pet clothing patterns I found around the web:
- This sock monkey hat from Posh Pooch Designs has got to be the cutest thing I’ve ever seen! You can crochet one for your own dog if you buy her pattern, but she’s also got lots of free patterns to check out too.
- Also from Posh Pooch Designs is this free crochet pattern is for doggie leg warmers! Why? Why not! Here’s another Doggy Leg Warmer Pattern.
- It’s a little late for Easter, but if you love humiliating your animals all year round, you’ll love these bunny ears from Sew Doggy Style! Doesn’t this dog look hilarious?!
- Here’s another from the Department of Hilarious: You can make your dog its own Lady Gaga inspired meat dress, also from Sew Doggy Style. I’d say he’s a dead ringer!
Don’t forget to check out the 31 Patterns for Pet Clothing article for even more ideas on how to DIY your pet’s wardrobe. And tell me: Would you ever dress up your pet?
Latest posts by FaveCrafts (see all)
- 15 Perfect Spring Felt Projects You’ll Want To Make - April 10, 2017
- April is Stress Awareness Month! Unwind with Knitting and Crochet - April 3, 2017
- Best Yarn for Baby Patterns: 3 Tips for Your Next Project - March 28, 2017