I am always cold. In fact, I’m one of those people that turns on the heat when it’s 75 degrees outside . I know, I know – I’m wasting precious resources. That said, I can’t help the fact that I’m always just a bit chilly! After Labor Day, you can generally find me with a scarf around my neck and Uggs on my feet. Take it or leave it, that’s just me!
One trend I’m noticing in the crafting world and beyond is hoods. Hoods keep your ears warm and protect you from chaffed, dry skin when it’s extra windy. Is there anything worse than being caught outside with exposed ears on a freezing afternoon? A Crochet Convertible Hood isn’t complicated to make and only requires two skeins of yarn. This scarf is so easy to customize- you can pull up the back or leave the back down and wear it as a normal cowl. The same can be said for the Crochet Cowl Hood, which is made in almost the exact same way. The yarn needed for this project is a little bit heavier, so you will want to wear it on a chilly winter day. You can also make a Hooded Scarf and wrap it around your neck before heading out the door. If you’re up for a challenge, make a hooded sweater! I particularly like the basic Hooded Sweater Crochet Pattern because it isn’t an overwhelming design. This is a great piece to throw on and wear all day.
Before you head out into the cold this winter, be sure to grab one of these handmade designs so you can stay warm on the go. Kids and adults alike can rock a cool, warm hood all season long. Add a hood to a t-shirt, sweater, scarf or cowl. There are so many possibilities and ways to stay warm during even the coldest winter months.
- DIY Hooded Cloak from Grey Luster Girl
- Cowl Neck Poncho from Mollytov
- Monster Hoods from Doodle Craft
- Minion Hooded Towel from Crazy Little Projects
- Hooded Sweatshirt Scarves from Today’s Nest
- Hooded Toddler Crochet Cape from Craftsmumship
- DIY Kimono Jacket + Hood from Pretty Quirky Pants
- Hooded Scarf from My Poppet
- Hooded Batman Shirt from Corvus Tristis
Latest posts by FaveCrafts (see all)
- Best Blogger Contest 2019 Winners! - April 25, 2019
- Adorable Granny Square Scarf + 10 More Uses for Granny Squares - April 18, 2019
- 8 Craft Trends for 2019 - January 24, 2019