Like that old song says, I enjoy being a girl. I’ve definitely had my tomboy moments, but as I’ve gotten older, I’ve found myself drawn to pretty accents like polka dots and bows. I’ve even been known to stick a bow in my hair – I’m sure my mom would sigh loudly after many years of forcing me to stick one on my ponytail. Though my personal style has grown and changed over the years, my love of girly hair accessories has always remained the same.
Luckily, there isn’t one kind of hair bow to wear or, more importantly, make. You can crochet, knit, sew or simply glue a bow and wear it for a fun and unexpected look. Crochet Hair Bows are surprisingly easy to make – in fact, they’re a great beginner project. You can make one in an hour, so they’re perfect for crafting in front of the television (or poolside). Be sure to use different yarn colors so you can match your bow to your outfit. If you aren’t adept with a hook and yarn, grab a glue gun and ribbon. Back to School Hair Bows look great in a little girls’ hair and will help her get excited for the first day of class. Older girls will love the look of an oversized No Sew Hair Bow. The exaggerated look is straight out of the eighties! For this project, you can recycle an old, ill-fitting t-shirt to save on fabric.
Whether you’re young, old or somewhere in the middle, you can’t go wrong when you throw a DIY bow in your hair before you head out the door. This is a fun way to show off your personal style and make a statement.
- Delicate Pearl Bow Hair Accessories from Minted Strawberries
- Bluebell Headband & Bow from My Favorite Things
- Hair Bows From Denim Scraps from Salute to Cute
- DIY Leather Bow from Kathy Pham
- Floppy Bow Headband from Sew and the City
- DIY Bow Hair Ties from Little Inspirations
- Crochet Bow from Hopping Still
- Mini Seersucker Bow Hair Ties from Buzz Mills
- Bows Headband from Onelmon