I feel like I’m constantly searching for the perfect gift. Whether it’s an expensive items or something from the bargain bin, I love discovering that perfect present. I’ve found, however, that when I don’t spend time wrapping a gift or presenting it in a nice way, the overall excitement can decrease. It seems that the more presentable the gift looks, the more people appreciate the time and effort. Luckily, you don’t have to spend a bundle on gift boxes that will inevitably be discarded. Instead, you can make your creations using materials such as cardboard, paper and even calendar pages.
The best DIY designs show that you’ve put thought into both the presentation and the gift itself. Projects like the Inspirational Note Gift Box are great if you want to add a personalized sentiment and can serve as an alternative to a store-bought card. Also, don’t forget that recycled materials can come in handy when creating these kinds of projects! Make a Simple Recycled Gift Box or Recycled Cardboard Gift Boxes and use up scraps you already have in your stash. You can also dip into your collection of scrapbook paper and use them to add a delightful design to the outside of your box. Paper Gift Boxes allow you to stretch the limits of your creativity and try something new.
Before a birthday or special event, take a few minutes and create your own gift boxes. You’ll make a huge impression and show just how much you care. These projects show that big things can come in little packages.
- Pillow Boxes from I Try DIY
- Diamond Shaped Gift Box from Next of Nicx
- Paper Gift Box from Simple Notable
- Recycled Calendar Boxes from Scissors and Spoons
- Patchwork Paper Origami Gift Boxes from The Red Thread
- Tiny Origami Boxes from The Curious Cat
- Personalized Treasure Box from Create With mom
- Gift Origami Box from Skyrnka
- DIY Re-usable Gift Box from Crafting Creatures