I have a secret that I must confess: I’m not a great crafter. I certainly try, but I’ve never been very artistic. In fact, most of my handmade projects could be categorized as “cute” or “a great first try”. During the holiday season, I often come up with handmade gift ideas for my friends and family members but never quite get around to them. I have the time but not the confidence. However, when I started noticing decorated mugs popping up across the web, I was so excited. These projects are so simple! All you need is a plain ceramic mug and some sort of decorating tool like a Sharpie or paint. From there, you can add polka dots, initials, phrases and so much more.
If you’re looking for a quick gift for a host or hostess, you can’t go wrong with a decorated mug. A quick personal touches like monograms or silhouettes can make a gift so much more meaningful and fun. This is also a great gift idea for a teacher (you know they need their coffee in the morning) or friend.
Decorated mugs are great for the holiday season due to the proliferation of seasonal warm drinks. A DIY Painted Mug Set is sure to stand out on your table and only requires a few different glazes. Also, consider using chalkboard paint for your mug decorations. This is a trendy medium is perfect for a party – you can write each guests name on their mug! Make your own Crafty Chalkboard Mugs and you’ll never have a coffee mix-up again.
If you’re in need of a quick and easy project, a decorated mug is a way the way to go. This minimalist gift is will leave you with a little boost of crafty confidence during the most wonderful time of the year!
- DIY Anthropologie Painted Mug from Delighted Momma
- DIY Stenciled Gothic Raven Mug from The Stitcherati
- Monogram Mugs from Design Mom
- Gold Monogram Mugs from Le Zoe Musings
- The Big Bang Theory Mugs from The Cheekiest Monkey of All
- DIY Chalkboard Mug & Plate from Oh! You Pretty Things
- Daddy’s Coffee Mug from Hubby Made Me
- Tape Painted Coffee Mugs from Crafting & Cooking
- Mr. & Mrs. Coffee Mugs from Craft, Sew, Love, Grow