On June 1, our friends at AllFreeCrochetAfghanPatterns launched their Charity Blanket Drive with the help of Red Heart Yarn. This is an amazing opportunity that benefits kids in need. All blankets we receive will be donated to the Chicagoland chapter of Project Linus, and then passed along to comfort children who are seriously ill, traumatized, or otherwise in need.
To date, we have received 15 homemade blankets! A special thank you goes out to everyone that has participated so far. We’re blown away at the gorgeous afghans we’ve received and we know the kids are going to love them all.
Take a look at the donated afghans that we’ve received so far!
If you have not yet sent in your blankets, there’s still time! The Charity Blanket Drive runs until July 15th. All you need to do is make a blanket and send it in (see our address below); it’s that easy! The blankets must be washable and can be knitted, crocheted, quilted or crafted from fleece. Find additional information and important guidelines here.
Included in this prize package is:
- One (1) large red and black canvas tote bag with the Red Heart Yarn logo.
- Ten (10) skeins of Red Heart Plush Baby yarn in Kiwi, along with one corresponding crochet baby blanket pattern
- One (1) package of Susan Bates plastic yarn needles
- One (1) Susan Bates aluminum crochet hook (size I-9)
- Six (6) crochet magazines and brochures (including Crochet Today!) full of free tutorials and color photos
Completed blankets can be shipped to us at:
Charity Blanket Drive
3400 Dundee Rd #220
Northbrook, IL 60062
Here’s another peek at just some of the wonderful blankets we’ve received so far:
Are you planning on donating a blanket? If so, leave a comment below!
- Earth Day Afghan Tutorial - April 27, 2013
- There’s Still Time! Charity Blanket Drive + Giveaway Prize Package - June 26, 2012
- How Do I Crochet? Your Ultimate How-To Guide from AllFreeCrochetAfghanPatterns - June 21, 2012