Did you know that National Scrapbook Day has been a tradition since 1994? Celebrated on the first Saturday of May, National Scrapbook Day is a marvelous crafty holiday that celebrates memory keeping all over the country!
The challenge thus presents itself: what are the best ways to celebrate National Scrapbook Day? We at AllFreePaperCrafts are here to inspire you with creative crafty ideas!
3 Best Ways to Celebrate National Scrapbook Day 2014
1. Shop for Scrapbook Supplies
Nothing quite says “Scrapbooker Camaraderie” like unloading all of your recently acquired cash on all different kinds of paper. Our friends over at CutRateCrafts have a variety of paper craft products for your scrapbooking needs.
2. Throw a Crop Party!
B.Y.O.S. – Bring Your Own Supplies. You just went shopping; now it’s time to crop! Motivate and inspire your fellow scrapbooking buddies to crop ’til you drop! Decorate with some of these project ideas:
- Amazing Quilled Topiaries
- Blossoming Paper Flowers
- Classy Paper Bead Garland
- DIY Flower Balloons
- DIY Party Balls
- Pretty Points Paper Pinwheels
- Polka Dot Pennant Banner
- Springtime Baking Cup Banner
3. Make Scrapbooks!
Now is the best time to get out of that scrapbooking rut. If you’ve found yourself creating almost identical layouts over, and over, and over, try something new! Get inspired to make a new layout with any of the ideas below, and find embellishment ideas below as well!
A vintage find, this collection of layouts was shared by Creating Keepsakes back in May of 2011!
Grab the full PDF here.
- All I Dream for You Scrapbooking Layout
- Beautiful Cruising Scrapbooking Layout
- Butterfly Scrapbook Layout
- Floral Scrapbook Layout
- Graceful Fairy Belle Scrapbook Layout
- Graduation Day Scrapbook Layout
- Not All Those Who Wander Are Lost Layout
- Sprawling Vine Scrapbook Layout
- Vintage Monochrome Mixed Media Layout
- You Make Me Smile Majestic Morning Layout
You can’t create a perfect layout without some perfect embellishments, and we have an abundance of ideas at AllFreePaperCrafts in our collection How to Scrapbook and Craft with Embellishments: 13 Simple Paper Crafts:
Last but not least, for National Scrapbook Day 2014 you must WIN PRIZES!
Simply answer the following question in the comments below for the opportunity to win a scrapbooking prize!
OFFICIAL RULES FOR OUR CONTEST
- There is a maximum of one entry per person. The entry will be based upon a comment left on this blog post. Duplicate comments will be deleted and are not tallied.
- Winner will be selected at random from the comments on this blog post below.
- Winner will be contacted by email.
- You have until May 4th, 2014 at 11:59p EST to leave your comment on this post. Comments posted after that will not be counted.
- Contest open to anyone 18+ in US and/or Canada.
What are your favorite events to commemorate?